SRD Talk:Saving Throw
From D&D Wiki
Ability Modifiers Link
The ability modifiers link leads to nothing. Someone more qualified should probably fix that. --Tug 15:43, 7 April 2008 (MDT)
- Fixed. Thanks! --Aarnott 16:18, 7 April 2008 (MDT)
Denied Saving Throws
Is there a page explaining when you are denied a reflex save? Like under certain circumstances? I can think of helpless, but what other situations deny the ability to save? --Name Violation 03:41, 26 January 2010 (UTC)
- As best as I recall, there are no circumstances where you lose your saving throw. The penalties may get amazingly big, but you always get to roll d20. --Dmilewski 22:58, 27 January 2010 (UTC)
Applying bonuses to saves?
My character has a +4 Dexterity Modifier, and the armor adds an additional +6 Dexterity Modifier as well. When attempting a Reflex Save, would I be using only the +4, or the whole +10?
- Whole +10. 22.214.171.124 20:35, 27 July 2013 (MDT)
- So long as they're not the same type of bonus (such as an enhancement bonus, the exception being Dodge bonuses which do stack), they all add together.
- 18 Dexterity score increases Reflex saves by +4, your armor grants you a +4 enhancement bonus to your Dexterity resulting in a +2 bonus to Reflex, you have +1 Dodge bonus from the Haste spell, and are in a Whirling Frenzy (gaining another +2 to Reflex saves). The result is a bonus to Reflex saves equal to +9.
Different Save Ability Modifiers
I'm a bit confused when it comes to certain attacks that require a certain save throw, but with a different 'base ability bonus'. For instance, I've been looking at the Razor Boar, which has the Trample special attack. For it there is a DC 25 Reflex save, but it says the save DC is Strength-based. What does this mean? Do I use my Strength modifier to add to my character's base Reflex modifier instead of my Dexterity's modifier?
- You add your characters Reflex save modifier (Or Dexterity if he has no reflex save). When it says the save DC is Strength based, it refers to the ability that determines the DC. So in the case of the Razor Boar, it's a DC that is affected by the Razor Boar's Str modifier. (So the DC for the trample is 10 + Razor Boar Str + other bonuses = 25) This is mentioned in case the Razor Boar's Strength is modified in some way, thus altering the DC. Hope I helped --SgtLion (talk) 17:03, 29 July 2013 (MDT)
Awareness Saving Throw
I was wondring if a character know his player is trowing a saving throw? specifically: it puts on a cursed item and it requirers a will save, does it know a will save is being trown? Shaggy1987 (talk) 10:39, 16 February 2014 (MST)