Requests for Adminship/Lord Dhazriel
From D&D Wiki
- Lord Dhazriel's Nomination Done!
Voice your opinion (9/0/0) 100% Approval; Ending 6:00 (PM), 11 November 2008 (MDT)
Im nominating myself because I feel the wiki need more administrators and I feel I can personally fill the position. I have a good mastery of DnD Rules and have a huge respect for the wiki policies. I have made a rational number of contributions also.
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: I would delete hopeless stub, this come handy when a name is taken and you have a awesome class but every name is taken (happened to me a lot in fact). Most of the time the used name is a stub, sadly. I would also help formatting, and reverse vandalism (ive seen many, in fact once someone took a whole creation of mine Warwhip and vandalizing it beyond recognition and even going as far as erasing my name and putting his). Im pretty sensible toward vandalism and spam, there nothing like working and finishing a project your proud of, but vandal damage your creations and sometime it take time before you realize it. I want to avoid banning people, preferably I would like to ignore this option unless absolutely necessary.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Many of my contributions, in fact most of them. If I had to choose, I would say my new Tome of the Occult, not yet finished but im working on it regularly. Also many unfinished project of mine (I will eventually complete most of them, other will be deleted.) I have made a load of races, templates, classes, deities and Prestige Classes. I would say one of my best completed work is the Lotus Disciple
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Some minor conflict on two occasion: The first was all my fault but it wasn't really a conflict, it was over the amazon, but as I said I was the one who was wrong here. The other was one Frank and K PrC, The boneblade reaper, where I argued with Surgo about the balance of the class. But I have good relation with both users and there was no real conflict, more like harmless arguing. I know how to keep my cool, especially when Stalking Ranger, a user who vandalized some page long time ago insulted me (well I guess, I still don't understand what he said) when I confronted him about his vandalism.
- General comments
I acknowledge the fact im not the best user on the wiki, but in my humble opinion I contributed nicely.
- Support: I support Lord Dhazriel for his hard work on D&D Wiki. His knowledge of the rules and materials of D&D as well as having an excellent grasp on wikiformatting and longstanding record of contribution here make him a prime candidate for adminship. His objective spirit and constant attention also work in his favor. With the few number of admins on the wiki daily, and the great number of edits per day, Lord Dhazriel is certainly ready to take on the extra bit of work and responsibility that comes with the position. I can't think of a better candidate for the job. --Ganteka 19:18, 4 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: Lord Dhazriel has proven himself to be highly competent and skillful. He knows the rules of D&D well, and has proven both productive and enthusiastic in what he has posted on this wiki. I am sure that he will be an excellent admin. --Noname 20:21, 4 November 2008 (MST)
- Support I too support LD. He's posted a number of tasty articles (a few of my favorite being the Tome of Occult, the Senali Hunter prestige class, and the Little Brother/Sister trait), and he's a truly excellent DM. --FREAKshow 20:29, 4 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: Ganteka's comment speaks for itself. — OptimizationFanatic (talk|contrib) 21:29, 5 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I agree, Lord Dhazriel would be a great candidate. He makes a lot of content and is online often. --Sabre070 21:54, 5 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I'll concur with Sabre...Great to have an Admin on a lot for edits and in the Tavern. Plus, he's a huge contributor whos done a lot on the wiki-Adminship would the bear the fruits of his labor. -- Palantini 03:35, 10 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I think everything has already been said. Not only does Lord Dhazriel have a nice amount of edits, he also has added many interesting creations. I feel that he will help D&D Wiki quite a bit more as an admin, and for that reason I would feel quite honored to have him as an admin. --Green Dragon 09:24, 12 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: Pretty much all that can be said has been. A valuable addition to the big boys. 12:23, 12 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I agree with the reasons above :). --Aarnott 13:07, 13 November 2008 (MST)