Requests for Adminship/Ganteka
From D&D Wiki
- Ganteka's Nomination. Done!
Voice your opinion (18/0/0) (100% Approval - Neutral is not counted) Ended 3:00 (PM), 3 November 2008 (MDT)
I am Nominating Ganteka because he seem to fit adminship pretty well, as well as being a formitable contributor. He create a lot of nice races, classes and gods as well as helping with formatting, adopting pages and adding various template and footers to page. He is an active user, every day on the tavern --Lord Dhazriel 14:10, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: Ah, well, I'm all for trying to keep the D&D Wiki clean and trim. I've already put a lot of hours searching through the old pages, orphans and true orphan pages, adopting many pages, fixing poor forgotten articles. Admin rights would be good for deleting those pesky needless redirects, and unfinished forgotten pages. As an admin, I'd probably just keep doing what I'm doing now, helping people out in The Tavern, commenting on articles as much as I can, and helping out new users with formatting.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: Yeah, saddly, with the Quicklings which were put up for deletion, I did get into a bit of a problem with Machine X about the direction the race went. Thankfully, with a compromise (and keeping near to the original as a variant), that was taken care of. Yeah, since its always a matter of give and take about an article, leaving comments on the discussion page (using MoIs as needed, or talking in the The Tavern) has worked well for coming to solutions.
- General comments
Until about a day ago, I wasn't sure if I'd make a good admin (as there are other frequent users with a greater grasp of both formatting and D&D rules), but after reading up on it, it really does seem to suit me.
- Support: I support Gan because he has always been there to give me advice when my creations are falling apart, or to fix the pages of those who have abandoned them.-FREAKshow 14:16, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: I support Ganteka for all reason I listed above. --Lord Dhazriel 14:18, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: The same here. I have seen nothing but positive edits from Ganteka. — Blue Dragon (talk) 15:20, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: Ganteka is always a helpful user in the tavern, welcoming IP users when they enter an always offering help (just look at the Tavern history and search for "Welcome to the Tavern" :). He has undertaken a project to improve 3.5 race pages, and it has been going very well. I think he would well represent the D&D Wiki community so I am in full support. --Aarnott 16:27, 27 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: He's a cool dude. Anyone who can help delete useless/pointless pages is always welcome. And it isn't like Ganteka is untrustworthy or anything. He's a good guy, and I see no reason to oppose. Surgo 18:51, 28 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: I havn't seen much of his work myself (I'll keep my eye open from now on though!), but his answers to the above questions show that he is good admin material, what I have seen is good, and having another admin would be good. --Sam Kay 13:34, 30 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: Ganteka's a great user, honestly. Helpful, always, and just a good all-around guy. — OptimizationFanatic (talk|contrib) 22:38, 31 October 2008 (MDT)
- Support: He seems to have the support of everyone else here... plus, itd be nice to se the orphan pages and whatnot finally become well... not orphans. John Leonidas
- Support: I have it on good word from Eiji that Ganteka doesn't eat children! And really, what better quality is there for an admin to have? But seriously, I think Ganteka would be great as an admin! I'm kind of shocked he wasn't one already, come to think of it... ----Lumi 02:44, 2 November 2008 (MST)Lumi
- Support: I Support ganteka becouse he is allway around to greet newcomers and help them with any problem just like he would do with every one who asks he all ways works on races and other posts other people do and makes them better .----Chips 11:14 PM (GMT +2) , 2 November 2008 (MDT)
- Support: I can confirm about his child-free diet. He only eats the freshest puppies and kittens. But in all seriousness as well, he is on often, and we share a common desire to add stuff. He's always fixing and hunting down dead pages for adoption or deletion. Endless time and energy means he wins my internets. -- Eiji 14:16, 2 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: i support Ganteka because he always helpful and he comes up with some pretty crazy ideas---Allya Falmatarkenna 07:20, 3 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I support Ganteka because of his constant devotion to the revival of abandonned articles, those poor orphaned articles. There are some good ideas out there that just havent been either formatted properly or completed and he makes sure they get done and done well.--Ehsteve 13:44, 3 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I am fairly new, as a registered user, but I've been using the tavern for awhile now, and I ALWAYS get a welcome to the Tavern, also I checked out his work, I'm going to get working on my DM to allow player created classes...the Grim is the Cool.--Forte 15:45, 3 November 2008 (MST)
- Support Im new. but I have read some very useful info posted Paladin 07:34, 3 November 2008 (MST)
- Support I find alot of the things he makes to be very useful in my campaign Shi38
- Support: Ganteka is always in the tavern and is willing to help anyone that comes along. Of other works on the wiki, I see he does to somethings and I think it would be great for him to have a higher role. --Sabre070 15:29, 3 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: Although Ganteka does not have too many edits at the time of this nomination (only around 1000), I feel that Ganteka will make a good admin. From what I have seen of Ganteka, he/she has helped clean up D&D Wiki (by adding Template:Delete to pages, looking over the the old pages, the orphans and the true orphans - as stated above) as well as looking over other people's submissions and formatting them when they are not added correctly. Ganteka is also helping to to format some areas to the highest quality standards (currently adding SMW properties throughout 3.5e Races). Although, to be honest, I have not seen to many of Ganteka's edits, however all the edits I have seen have been of the highest quality. I would love to welcome Ganteka as an admin. --Green Dragon 14:15, 4 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: This guy adds so many users to the wiki its not even funny. This guy is always helping people with their editions, if you want proof look at my Heart-Reachers (DnD Race). I owe this things current form to Ganteka.
--Ice Paul the III 15:59, 24 December 2008 (MST)
- Neutral: I can't think of a reason to oppose, but I don't want him to win. --TK-Squared 16:15, 3 November 2008 (MST)