Equans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Editor's Note: Sorry but there aren't many pictures out there that accurately show what this race looks like and this was one of the only ones I could find.
Equans are friendly and affectionate and above all else, loyal. However they are also easily startled and are usually stereotyped as paranoid or anxious.
- Body Parts:
- Head: Horse
- Torso: Human
- Arms: Human
- Legs: Horse
- Tail: Horse
- Hair: Horse
- Average Height: 7-9'
- Average Weight: 1000-1500 lbs
- Skin Color: Black
- Fur Colors/Patterns: If a horse bears the pattern in real life, an Equan can have that fur pattern.
- Eye Color: Usually dark brown, rarely anything else.
Equans are more than capable of moving on flat and even terrain but struggle with narrow passages, stairs, and doorways. If they are to traverse any of the aforementioned, they must roll a Dexterity check with a base DC of 10.
- Humans: Accepted but only outside of towns, cities are usually better and more open-minded, usually.
- Dwarves: Accepted and somewhat admired for their combat skill, but seen as "horse-brains" and also teased.
- Elves: Admired and allies.
- Halflings: Feared and mistrusted.
- Gnomes: Accepted and friends because of relations to elves.
- Half-Elves: Varies
- Half-Orcs: Feared and disliked.
- Animals: Allies
- Fey: Friends
Interactions With Magic
For all their strength and reputation, Equans have terrible difficulty handling any arcane magic as they are touched by Obad-Hai with innate primal power. The affect of which is that Equans cannot use arcane magic whatsoever, on the other hand they are also immune to arcane magic.
- Cannot use magic at all. Any spell attempted by an Equan instantaneously fails.
- Immune to spells and spell like abilities.
- Use Magic Device checks instantly fail.
- Potions have no effect.
If a spell is cast upon an equan, then it immediately vanishes and is nullified, regardless of what kind of spell or spell like ability it is. A healing spell could be cast on an equan and it would be undone just like any other spell.
Fighting on Hard Surfaces
Equans have hooves for feet and are less maneuverable on hard surfaces. Therefore they are flat-footed when fighting on surfaces such as stone or harder. They also take a -3 to reflex saves and can only move 20 feet at maximum.
Plains and grassy flat-lands.
They are given a birth name by their mothers and fathers. When they reach 10 years of age, they must earn their life names through tasks that represent their talents. When they die, they are given death names that reflect their life in retrospect.
- Natural Armor Class Adjustment: +4
- +4 Strength, +4 Charisma, +4 Constitution, -2 Dexterity, -2 Intelligence
- Feats: Run, Alertness, Endurance
- Saving Throw Adjustments: +3 Fort, +1 Ref, +3 Will
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Equans base land speed is 50 feet
- Low-Light vision (Ex): 60 feet.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Paladin, Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +3
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||70 years||100 years||+20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||7'||+2d12"||1000 lb.||+10d10 lb.|
|Female||7'||+2d12"||1000 lb.||+10d10 lb.|