Cursed Zombies (3.5e Encounter)
From D&D Wiki
Encounter: Cursed Zombies
- CR 2
- Integration Random Encounter or undead lair. Can be used with characters of any level, though 1-4 is usually best.
- Prep Time Minimal
- Play Time Short, 10 minutes.
- 1 Human Zombie armed with a Longspear (+2 melee, 1d8+1/x2, reach), wearing Scale Mail (+4 AC). Formerly a fighter.
- 1 Human Zombie armed with a Quarterstaff (+2 melee, 1d6+1/x2). Formerly a wizard.
- 1 Human Zombie armed with a Dagger (+2 melee, 1d4+1/19-20 x2), wearing Studded Leather Armor (+3 AC). Formerly a rogue.
- 1 Human Zombie armed with a Heavy Mace (+2 melee, 1d8+1/x2), wearing Splint Mail (+6 AC) and holding a Heavy Shield (+2 AC). Formerly a cleric.
They are zombies. Their tactics are simple. Go for the nearest target at all times.
The treasure for this encounter is more like a penalty. Each zombie is wearing one of the magic rings. This is the treasure. The players will likely divy them up and put them on. Make sure to let them think their con has been increased by 2 when they put it on. Once every ring has been put on, let them know that their con really didn't increase.
The wizard zombie also has a spellbook with a few 1st level spells and all the 0th level spells.