White Witch (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
“A very powerful species. The highest-level sorceresses. You don't piss them off, doesn't matter how good your reason is. You don't wanna know what they can do to you.”
White witches, aka Albin Magi (singular Albina Maga) are a powerful and ancient magical species, among the most powerful magic practitioners in the Material Plane.
“Generally, they are rather harmless - as much as you can refer to someone that can warp reality as such. They rarely attack first, but when they're forced to fight, they're terrifying. They sometimes feel somewhat responsible for their environment, and, let's say, they don't like crime. Sometimes, they can act a bit…irrationally. Childishly, even. Ask commoners about them, they'll tell you they're those who help the people when the authorities don't, the bringers of justice. In a way, they really are. They're quite trickster in nature. Give them a good reason, and they will act as judge, jury and - if you really piss them off - executioner. They're clever. And creative. When it comes to punishing someone, their imagination is limitless. You can never tell exactly what they're gonna do, but it's always painful. And I don't only mean physically. They know how people think, and, if they want to, they can also figure out what they think. What scares them. What hurts them. And they have no qualms about using those things against the person”
Generally, very mature and responsible, although sometimes can act rather childishly. Some of the wickeder of them enjoy "punishing" people them deem as guilty in ironic and disproportionately intensive ways, though they rarely kill people during the so-called punishment.
“They don't look scary. Well, they can. They can look like anything they want. But even if you see their true form, you likely won't pay them more than a few seconds of attention. They look normal enough. Human-like. Not very different than a young, light-skinned woman, except for their hair and eyes - those are white. You may stop for a second and think this is a little weird, but that's about it. Just a young, attractive woman with unusual hair and eyes. No wings, no supernatural glow, not even an uneasy vibe. Absolutely nothing that can imply how powerful and dangerous they truly are. Few of them are careless enough to show up like that out in the public though - if there's something they know, it's how to hide. Unless, like me, you can see their aura, you will never know you met one - unless she wants you to know.”
In their true form, as a pale and slender female human, except their hair and irises are always white. However, they can look as they please, so this is basically impossible to predict how a white witch would look, although usually they assume a humanoid form.
“As I said, they know how to hide - not only appearance, but behavior too. Not too difficult, mostly - they think a lot like humans do. They rarely jeopardize their disguise, but once they reveal their true nature…well, as long as you're nice, they likely won't harm you. They're not very tolerant of evil though. Not saying they personally fight off any injustice and corruption they come across - the Gods know they're hardly saints themselves - but still, they might do something. You can never tell when it comes to them. Well, except when it comes to hags. White witches really despise hags. They view them as a vile perversion of themselves, which is kinda true, if you think of it. Usually, when they hurt you, they aren't really out for it, but when they hurt a hag, they aren't only out for it, they really enjoy it - much more than they do with anyone else."
Generally, they use their shapechange ability to blend in, posing as humans or other humanoid species, and, in such cases, behave as is expected from their disguise. If they don't have to hide their true nature, white witches can get along with almost any non-evil being. However, white witches also despise hags, whom they view as a vile perversion of themselves. In contrast with their normally friendly demeanor, white witches particularly enjoy harming hags, regardless.
“Well, they're not tolerant of evil. Mentioned that already. Never evil themselves - sure, they can be cruel, even a little sinister sometimes, but their intentions are always good. Never even heard of one that intentionally harmed someone that didn't have it coming. They can fake it while they're in disguise, but they're really not that big on obeying mortal rules either - it's just not in their nature.”
Always Chaotic Good or Neutral Good. While white witches can be mean, cruel or even somewhat sinister on occasion, their intentions are always good, and, due to their nature, they can never be truly lawful.
“You can find them anywhere. And I mean anywhere. Underwater, inside a volcano, anywhere. They can take on much more than any mortal. They don't even need to breathe, unless they want to. Distance is absolutely meaningless for them - they can teleport anywhere they want with a single thought. I once overheard a couple of them considering vacation on the moon.”
Any. White witches can go (literally) anywhere they want, and distance is meaningless for them. In addition, they can survive in extremely harsh environments - some of the more recluse of them even purposely search such, in order to avoid meeting mortal beings.
“Now, you might say - even the gods couldn't create such powerful creatures. Wrong. Very wrong. A goddess created them. Well, kind of a goddess. No other like her, that's for sure. The very first witch, that's how they call her. Saying she knows her way around magic is like saying the sun is warm. As crazy as it is to piss off a white witch, it is far crazier to piss her off. You ask sorcerers, white witches, even gods, they say no one remembers her. Nonsense. Many of the higher beings know of her, and her name. It's just that no one is crazy enough to say her name out loud. Myself included. She doesn't like that people do that, and you can never know when she might be listening. And trust me - when it comes to her, no one is immune. No one is beyond her magic - not even the mightiest of the higher beings.”
Usually good or neutral deities of magic. All the white witches, even if not actually worship deities, still have a great respect for them - they were originally created by a primordial and forgotten goddess of magic, so ancient that even they and the gods do not remember her name anymore.
“They speak everything. No, seriously. They refer to it as Omnilingualism; it means they become proficient with any language as soon as they hear or see it. If you speak to them in some language, even if they didn't know it before, they instantly become proficient in it. They don't automatically understand codes though. That's beyond this ability. It only works on actual languages.”
Common, Arcane, Supernal. However, they can speak in all languages due to their Omnilingualism ability.
Any. However, as they are all females, the names match.
“Oh, yea, they're powerful. Strong enough to single handedly rip your head off. You drive a sword through their heart, and they will pull it out and strike you with it. It's nearly impossible to kill them. But as powerful as they are physically, that's absolutely nothing compared to their magic. There isn't much they can't do. Inducing full-scale earthquakes, transforming people into vermin, you name it. Coming out even against one of them could cost the life of an entire army. I've seen it before. And if you are unlucky enough to kill one, you're a dead man. Her white witch friends and family will come across dimensions to avenge her death.”
- +30 Strength, +16 Dexterity, +22 Constitution, +12 Intelligence, +16 Wisdom, +12 Charisma
- Medium Humanoid (Witch): White witches are an independent supernatural species. Offspring of a white witch and a mortal are always white witches themselves.
- White witch base land speed is 300 feet per round: they have flight speed 300 feet per round, with perfect maneuverability.
- Perfect Status Vision: White witches possess very keen eyesight, able to see perfectly regardless of the illumination level. Their eyesight also extends to supernatural aspects, allowing them to see through any magical cloaking or camouflage, as well as into the ethereal plane.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: White witches possess extremely potent healing factor, which can only be halted by extremely powerful magic. They have regeneration 10/magic, epic (+6) and fast healing 1, and restore 1 point of ability damage per round and 1 point of drained ability per minute. If they lose an organ, body part or limb, these regrow in 1d4 rounds. White witches can only die if they were struck by an attack that can overcome their regeneration and has dealt them an amount of damage equal to or higher than their maximum HP.
- Supernatural Durability: White witches are unaffected by all conventional harm, even if said harm has physically damaged them. Only extremely powerful magic, or weapons that were enchanted using such magic, can truly harm them; they have damage reduction 20/magic, epic (+6), a +10 bonus to their natural armor, immunity to all elements, all non-magical toxins and diseases, energy drain, transmutation, mental effects and holy/unholy damage and spell immunity/epic.
- Heightened Senses: White witches possess very heightened senses. Blindsight out to 120 feet, Blindsense out to 1200 feet, Enhanced Scent within 120 feet, micro vision and telescopic vision up to distance of 4 miles.
- Immortality: White witches can't physically age beyond their physical prime, even through the use of magic (while they can make themselves appear older using their True Shapechange ability, they never feel the negative effects of old age). They do not require sustenance or oxygen (though they can digest food and breathe regularly) and are very hard to tire.
- Reconstitution: The destruction of a white witch's body doesn't necessarily kill them; they can reform their body after it has been destroyed, as long as the effect that destroyed it hasn't fit the requirements to kill them. However, if it has, their body cannot reform and they die.
- Uber Shapechange: White witches can assume at will any form they may desire; they can mimic the form of others as well as alter the formation of their body to a nearly unlimited degree; this can vary from merely changing their hair/skin color to changing their gender and assuming completely unnatural forms. They receive a +20 bonus on all Disguise checks should they use this ability in order to create, improve or aid a personal disguise.
- Magical Essence: A white witch can cast any spell as either/any combination of/both quicken, rapid, silent and still spell, without using up a higher spell slot than the spell’s actual level, and if they magically create something it won't disappear over time, and is considered absolutely real. Similarly, any magical alteration they perform is permanent unless reversed.
- Telepathic Ability: White witches can communicate telepathically with any other creature within a 2 miles radius that has a language. They can also hear the thoughts or read the memories of anyone within a 300 feet radius from them.
- Omnilingualism: White witches can understand, speak, read and write in all languages without training in them, as soon as they hear or see them. However, this does not allow them to automatically understand codes etc.
- Enhanced Memory: White witches have a +4 bonus on all Intelligence-based checks (a +6 bonus on all Knowledge checks), and gain 6 additional skill points per level.
- Extremely Dangerous: All white witch attacks (unarmed strikes and offensive spell-like abilities/spells, but not weapons they use) overcome any DR.
- Spell-Like Abilities: At will - Cure Critical Wounds, Discern Location, Greater Telekinesis, Limited Wish, Mind Blank, Polymorph Any Object, Programmed Amnesia, Raw Creation, Regenerate, Remote Teleport, Restoration, Scrying Invisibility, Superior Invisibility, True CreationUnbounded Teleportation. 2/encounter - Epic Invisibility, Greater Regenerate, Greater Restoration, Qish. 8/day - Conjuration, Greater Wish .2/day - Alter Reality, Miracle, Perfect Wish. Basic caster level 40.
- White witches automatically gain the following feats, even if they don't meet their prerequisites: Alertness, Diehard, Endurance, Eschew Materials, Ignore Material Components, Improved Unarmed Strike, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Track and Two-Weapon Fighting.
- White witches receive a +10 bonus on Athletics, Bluff, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks. They have base saving throw bonuses of Fortitude +8, Reflex +6, and Will +8.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Arcane, Supernal. Bonus Languages: Any, including secret languages such as Druidic (see Omnilingualism).
- Favored Class: Wizard, Sorcerer.
- Level Adjustment: +20
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1600 years||8000 years||24000 years||-|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||4' 5"||+(2d10)"||85 lb.||× (2d3)lb.|
White Witches Lore
Characters with ranks in Knowledge (arcana) can research the White Witches to learn more about them. When a character makes a skill check, read or paraphrase the following, including information from lower DCs.
|5||White witches are a powerful and ancient magical female race. They can assume virtually every form they desire, and their descendants are always white witches.|
|10||White witches can warp the reality to an extreme extent. Coming out even against one of them could cost the life of an entire army.|
|15||The true ancient name of white witches is Albin Magi, (Albina Maga in singular), literally meaning "pale witches". White witches are told to be among the first beings that taught magic to the mortal races.|
|20||Although white witches can be mean, cruel or even a bit sinister sometimes, their intentions are always good. Killing a white witch, regardless of what she did, is almost always lethal - her friends and family members among the white witches would come even across planes to avenge her death; since they can teleport anywhere they want, distance is, in fact, meaningless to them.|