|This material is published under the OGL
Also see the elf creature listing.
The high elf is the most common elf variety. High elves average 5 feet tall and typically weigh just over 100 pounds. They live on fruits and grains, though they occasionally hunt for fresh meat. High elves prefer colorful clothes, usually with a green-and-gray cloak that blends well with the colors of the forest.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Constitution.
- Humanoid (Elf).
- Medium: As Medium creatures, high elves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- High elf base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to magic sleep effects, and a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-Light Vision: A high elf can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon Proficiency: High elves receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the longsword, rapier, longbow (including composite longbow), and shortbow (including composite shortbow) as bonus feats.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks. A high elf who merely passes within 5 feet of a secret or concealed door is entitled to a Search check to notice it as if she were actively looking for it.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
- Favored Class: Wizard. A multiclass high elf’s wizard class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Table: High Elf Random Starting Ages
Table: High Elf Aging Effects
Table: High Elf Random Height and Weight
||× (1d6) lb.
||× (1d6) lb.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Open Game Content → System Reference Document → Races