|In a matter of hours D&D Wiki be down for an extended period of time to perform necessary hardware upgrades.|
These hardware upgrades should address user's concerns including Talk:Main Page#Web Page Not Found Error and the database access times when saving, moving, and deleting pages. Please stand by.
From D&D Wiki
- 1 Nice User Page
- 2 hehe...
- 3 Barnstar when finished with Races
- 4 Could you finish the LA Pages?
- 5 Hello Oneiros!
- 6 Hi
- 7 Racial Recategorizing
- 8 Out for a few days
- 9 I'll be gone for 1-2 Weeks
- 10 Thanks
- 11 My "New" User-Page
- 12 Problems with website and CSS
- 13 Becoming a Sysop
- 14 I thought you were gone...
- 15 Going away for 4 Days
- 16 Going away for the Weekend
- 17 Rating the PrC's
- 18 Frost Fang
Nice User Page
Nice User Page, looks like you spent a long time on it. Good Job, and I hope you like the site. --Green Dragon 05:56, 28 June 2006 (MDT)
- Anyone interested, I modified--Green Dragon 22:32, 11 September 2006 (MDT) this page so the sections are actually on different subpages. Take a look at the source to see how it's done. --Oneiros 08:46, 14 July 2006 (MDT)
You've been doing very well since you got here. I am starting to think you need a Barnstar... --Pz.Az.04Maus 21:27, 29 June 2006 (MDT)
- Thanks. It's been pretty slow at work ;) --Oneiros 11:23, 30 June 2006 (MDT)
- O,O... You have a lot of Free time, Oneiros... That, and a dedication... --Pz.Az.04Maus 12:39, 30 June 2006 (MDT)
Barnstar when finished with Races
- I'll give it to you when I get back to my house (week and a half), sorry for the delay. --Green Dragon 08:15, 18 July 2006 (MDT)
- No hurry. --Oneiros 11:54, 18 July 2006 (MDT)
- So, here is the Barnstar I said I would give you. Thanks for doing everything you did with 3.5e Races. What one is supposed to do with a Barnstar is to put the below text on your userpage with with the Barnstar Image as an award (See Dmilewski's userpage for an example). Anyway, here is the "below text".
- I give you this Barnstar for organising 3.5e Races into a more wiki-formatted area that follows Wizards of the Coast's "Racial List" format more closely. I also give you this Barnstar for finishing the descriptions of many various races in the new LA pages. Thanks so much. --Green Dragon 16:15, 29 July 2006 (MDT)
- Thanks again, --Green Dragon 16:15, 29 July 2006 (MDT)
- Thanks for the Barnstar - though I had to figure out how to fit it into my userpage ;) --Oneiros 20:49, 3 August 2006 (MDT)
Could you finish the LA Pages?
I was wondering if you could finish the Racial Descriptions, Racial Types, Ability Adjustments, and Favored Class on the LA pages. Could you do this? --Green Dragon 03:58, 9 July 2006 (MDT)
- All done. Was there anything else related to races that still needed to be completed? --Oneiros 12:30, 11 July 2006 (MDT)
Hello, this is Blue Dragon. I am sorry that I was unable to welcome you to the site on June 24th, but I hope that I can make up for it now. I am one of the administrators for the site, but I mostly deal with the technical aspects (I own the server, etc.). I just recently was able to get to a decent internet connection, and it looks like the work that you have been doing is excellent. Good job! I am sure that when Green Dragon gets back you will be awarded a barn star. Thanks, and (a little late) welcome, --Blue Dragon 17:23, 20 July 2006 (MDT)
I've not yet said "hi", so "hi".
Right now, you're doing lots of stuff about the wiki that I had meant to do, in some form or another. THEN, I decided to port the SRD to the wiki, and that was that. Five months of work and I still ain't there. So, that's a way of saying, "Great to you it getting done." --Dmilewski 12:51, 22 July 2006 (MDT)
Looks good. I would say to skip the "non-approved" race category; we don't want to tease anybody, and it would just be more work. --Aramar the Black
Out for a few days
Now that I've done all the damage I can for now, I'm going to be gone for a few days out of town (in case anyone is wondering why I seemed to drop everything in the middle.) Status of the re-categorizing can be found on the Talk for the User:Oneiros/Categories subpage. Everything on the Categories page itself with a non-red hyperlink indicates an existing category has been created. Whew. Thanks for letting me play :) --Oneiros 15:27, 28 July 2006 (MDT)
I'll be gone for 1-2 Weeks
Hello. I know you are not an admin, but this still may interest you. I will be going away for about 1-2 weeks. So, if you see any malicious edits, non-wikified pages, or other things that should not be, please make them correct. I am not trying to make you do any more work than you want to, I just want to make sure my site does not turn into something it should not. I hope you can find some time to check Recent Changes and see what everyone is doing, hopefully changing bad edits and making them correct. I hope you decide to help, and thanks already. --Green Dragon 12:43, 3 August 2006 (MDT)
- Will do. --Oneiros 20:48, 3 August 2006 (MDT)
- Sadly to say, I'm also having to leave for about 2 weeks (Damn me forgot to tell before the whole thing was done), so I'm sorry to say that you guys are going to have to do update/malicious user duty, and start scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush (^_^;;). --Pz.Az.04Maus 18:25, 13 August 2006 (MDT)
Thanks for helping a little with my race, sorry i didn't get back to it sooner, i've been having a heckit time but better now, and now that i know people really do get on i'll have to try to help and add to it, though i don't know coding, i think someone removed something from my page because it feels like something is missing X.x well thanks again and hope you help me more. --Shadethedemon 1:51, 6 August 2006 (NYT)
My "New" User-Page
So.... I hope you notice that my user page looks like yours :). If you mind tell me and I will revert it, I just though it would be good to model my user-page after yours, seeing that mine did not look nice and yours did. Hope it's okay that I did this. --Green Dragon 01:25, 17 August 2006 (MDT)
- Is it okay with you? --Green Dragon 23:38, 18 September 2006 (MDT)
- Sure, no problem. I took inspiration from some of the other pages here anyway. It makes the User Page area look a little more cohesive if the styles are similar. --Oneiros 07:18, 19 September 2006 (MDT)
- Good, I am glad that it is not a problem. --Green Dragon 16:14, 19 September 2006 (MDT)
Problems with website and CSS
Hello, I realize that you were experiencing problems accessing this site's static content for the past week, and those problems should now be fixed. There were several problems with loading the recent changes page (there was a memory leak and a loop which killed the server for 60 seconds after loading the recent changes page (my PHP execution length is 60 seconds). That was the problem with the site being so incredibly slow. The problem with the CSS was completely unrelated, but was caused by a flaw in the configuration on thttpd which is hosting all of the static content (img.dandwiki.com). Both of these problems should now be fixed, but there are most likely many more out there. Please let me know if something is not working the way it should! Thanks, --Blue Dragon 10:55, 17 August 2006 (MDT)
- Actually, I'm still having the problems, but only from work (downtown Chicago.) I don't know what the issue is, since it's only this site, which I don't have any problems with from home out in the 'burbs. Pages still take a minute or more to load, and still missing CSS. Took me several minutes just to add a couple of comments here on my userpage talk. I don't know if there's anything you can do about it, but thought you might want to know. --Oneiros 10:00, 7 September 2006 (MDT)
- Sorry that I did not see this response sooner, although I do believe I know what the problem is. This site operates on two different ports, port 80 and port 81. It is very possible that you are not able to connect to port 81 through your work because of a firewall. I did not take that into account when I was optimizing this website. Try to access http://img.dandwiki.com:81/ and let me know if it works at your work. If it does not, I will have to reconfigure some parts of the site and some of the speed will probably be lost (a very small part). Please get back to me as soon as is possible, and leave a "New message for you at my talk page" type of message for me. Thanks, and sorry for all of the problems, --Blue Dragon 14:20, 7 September 2006 (MDT)
Becoming a Sysop
Hello, because you have been helping D&D Wiki a lot over time I am wondering whether you would like to become a sysop (admin). Would you like this, or prefer not to become a sysop (admin)? Please get back to me on what you would prefer. --Green Dragon 17:00, 27 August 2006 (MDT)
- I'd love to be a Sysop, as I've often wanted to tweak Just One Thing on some locked pages, like the category. However, I'm still having problems getting to the site from work (slow response, comes up without any CSS), although it's still fine in the evening from home. I don't know what the issue is, as DnDWiki is the only site I have this problem with.
- Anyway, that's why I haven't been as active lately, though I see Dmilewski has taken my category scheme and is running with it for the SRD pages. I'll try to contribute as I can, but may still be limited due to technical issues :( --Oneiros 09:28, 7 September 2006 (MDT)
- I am sorry to inform you, but your Sysop powers have been removed. The reason for this is because you have stopped being active on D&D Wiki. If you want these back contact me and I'll consider giving you your Sysop powers back. --Green Dragon 13:09, 10 December 2006 (MST)
I thought you were gone...
Hello, I thought you were away on vacation.... hm... Anyway, welcome back. --Green Dragon 20:59, 7 September 2006 (MDT)
- Did you ever go on vacation? --Green Dragon 16:15, 19 September 2006 (MDT)
Going away for 4 Days
Hello. I am going to be going away this weekend (Today to Sunday night). So, if you have some spare time it would be very appreciated if you could check Recent Changes and make sure things are correctly wikified and their are no spam edits. I hope you can help, and thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 11:44, 12 October 2006 (MDT)
- Back. --Green Dragon 11:37, 15 October 2006 (MDT)
Going away for the Weekend
I am going to be going away this weekend to Southern Utah. So, if you have some spare time it would be very appreciated if you could check Recent Changes and make sure things are correctly wikified and their are no spam edits, etc. I hope you can help, and thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 12:42, 27 October 2006 (MDT)
- Back, and I am very sorry about the sites down time (new Linux Kernels can be dangerous...). --Green Dragon 08:37, 30 October 2006 (MST)
Rating the PrC's
D&D Wiki has quite a bit of Prestige Classes, with only two having been rated on D&D Wiki's rating scale. So, on a small mission to try to get ratings of PrC's done, I would like you to help. All you would have to do is go to DnD Classes then to any PrC page. Click on the PrC you would like to rate; then rate its balance by clicking on the "here" in the Please, help D&D Wiki by rating the balance of this item here. I hope you can take the time to help D&D Wiki become a useful tool for every visitor that comes here; and thanks in advance. --Green Dragon 22:30, 29 November 2006 (MST)
I was just wondering can "I" add the Flavour text to this? It doesn't look like your going to finish "Frost Fang Lizardfolk". I was planning on writing on how they have "groups of mages in thier tribes (Called Firebearers). which keep the tribe warm enough so that they don't hibernate." This would explain how a race of "Coldblooded" Lizardfolk can survive in the Tundra.--Milo High-Hill 23:51, 18 January 2011 (MST)