User talk:Milo v3
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Milo v3 and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, what our purpose here on earth is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidlines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date (by the way, it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when people don't sign posts... arrg...). Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 18:40, 10 March 2008 (MDT)
Sorry for the muck up.
On the page "Summon Cow(Spell)" I accidently added to the talk page without loging in. Sorry.
Add yes 126.96.36.199 was acsully me. Sorry.--Milo High-Hill 14:20, 22 October 2010 (MDT)
How to I put my "New Page" contributions on to my User Page?--Milo High-Hill 14:54, 16 December 2010 (MST)
Hey. As you found some questionable contributions, do you have information on the pages which 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, and 220.127.116.11 worked on, if you do not mind? --Green Dragon 16:10, 2 February 2011 (MST)
- I'm unsure what you mean? Are you aking me to check if thier OGL material is actually OGL? None the less, I'd be happy to help in what ever way I can.--Milo High-Hill 22:32, 2 February 2011 (MST)
Keran Campaign Setting
You have been using (Keran Race) as an identifier for your Keran-specific races. As far as I know, policy is to have everything (Races, classes, equipment, etc) identified as it is, rather than by which campaign setting it belongs to. Because of this, you'll want to go through and move all your pages from "Kobold (Keran Supplement)" to "Kobold, Variant (3.5e Race)". I see you have already discussed this on Green Dragon's talk page. If you'd like, you can name all the pages something like "Kobold, Keran Variant (3.5e Race)", whether or not there are original races with the same name. I can help with this, if you'd like. --Badger 21:16, 22 June 2011 (MDT)
- Thanks for reminding me I'll start on renaming them as soon as possible.--Milo High-Hill 21:37, 22 June 2011 (MDT)
- In my opinion none of the Minor edits I have made were significant changes. Could you give me an example so such so I can be aware of not doing similar examples in the future.--Milo High-Hill 07:41, 16 April 2012 (MDT)
- Sure. There's some removal and addition of text at your Keran Kobold article  and changing statistics. These are more significant than "typographical corrections, formatting and presentational changes, and rearrangements of text without modification of its content." It's not a big deal, though. Marasmusine 08:32, 16 April 2012 (MDT)
- Two of those (specifically the kobold weapons proficieny and the High Calibur Rifle weren't ment to have been minor edits, a mistake on my part. From now on I'll be more careful of using the minor edits checkbox. --Milo High-Hill 08:52, 16 April 2012 (MDT)
So you made one and started slapping it on pages eh? Initiative. I like it. Go get'em kid. Only two zillion more pages to go. I know GD was talking about namespaces and such. But it looks like you outsmarted him eh? Good for you. Also, I had a friend say he didn't know what a 'Wiki' was. Could you make a template for what a Wiki is too? Just something we could put at the top of every page. Ya know. For the new people. Thanks. --Jay Freedman 03:09, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- I realize you may not have agreed with Milo's idea, but that doesn't make the snipes any more justified. I suggest if you have concerns, that you take them through the proper channels; the initial discussion or to administrators, for example. Jwguy 03:32, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Now now. The boys are talking Jwguy. Let's not butt in again. That didn't go well for you last time. Remember. Besides, I'm not being snippy. Just making sure Milo knows how long the road is ahead of him. Solving the whole Internet's problems of Ignorance and Laziness is a big deal. He needs as much positive reinforcement as he can get. I don't see you encouraging him. Tsk tsk. --Jay Freedman 04:05, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- It is better to help the site slowly, than to be apathetic and never add anything to society. If you disagree that is your own opinion, but don't spam my page with trash simply so you can get a laugh.--Milo High-Hill 04:24, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- The Template darling. Did you get the okay from Administration? Or was placing that on pages already your idea? Cause in the official discussion, I didn't see any responses about it. So I came to you directly. --Jay Freedman 04:26, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Do you have a problem with me adding a template I've made, to a page I made, already full of content I made. Strangely I thought it would be okay. Can you name a rule I broke? Or is this just good old Jay Freedman trying to look out for someone.--Milo High-Hill 04:32, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- So? Why ask GD if you can do something, if your just going to do it anyway? I thought you had the whole site in mind Milo. Not just 'Your' work. Oh wait... We don't have 'Our' work anymore. We're just 'contributers' to GD's wiki. Sorry I forgot. My aim was to impress upon your mind the futility of your most recent actions. Namely, adding the template to articles 'before' the discussion had reached a 'resolution'. Who provoked who? Hmm? --Jay Freedman 04:38, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- I asked because I wanted a disclaimer on every page. Even if the Disclaimer is in still discussion, there is no reason for me to not place a disclaimer on a small number of pages in my setting.--Milo High-Hill 04:44, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Deal. You stick your template on a few of 'your' articles and we don't have a problem. And once GD gives you the okay to place it on all the articles, we're cool. All good. Because I'm sure he will. But slap that puppy on anybody else's work and I won't be happy. You fella's might dislike me, but I'm looking out for many, many peoples work around here. Edit: Oh, and it's "GD's setting". Not yours. Remember, we are just 'contributors' to GD's wiki. We avoid the term 'author' or 'ours'. --Jay Freedman 04:51, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- It doesn't matter if you choose to avoid the Word Author. An Author is the person who originates or gives existence to something. Made that setting. GD would probably be fine with me saying I'm the Author as I am the author. If he disagree's then he doesn't understand the meaning behind the word. And if you were "looking out for many, many peoples work" your way for communication wouldn't be as crude.--Milo High-Hill 05:12, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- GD and Authors. That is a whole other chicken to climb. I'm gonna let that go for now. You can learn that lesson the hard way too. And yes, I am that crude. This is the Internet. The wild west. The good, the bad, and the ugly. The man with the gun wins. (Gun=Admin Privileges.) Nevermind. You don't care. I'm talking to a wall. Sigh... We made our deal. I'll just be going now. *strides off into the sunset* --Jay Freedman 05:21, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Jay, I don't really care how witty or sharp or even godly you think you and your comments are. Once more, this is the internet, and it is a public site: Flailing wildly and pretending to know some martial art in text form has the same effect that it does in real life, as no-one buys it and it only makes the display more dumbfounding. What happened, last time? You tried the same tired routine and tried to act like a big guy, and got warned for being discourteous and rude. That, and you're a bit of a wall, yourself.
- The truth of the matter is, it's a damn template that can really only be used to help the site, as a whole; Does it matter if you think people should need it? Does it do anything besides assisting only the people who need it? Is it a gigantic, irreversible mistake for Milo to have put a test case on his pages? The truth of all these questions is a resounding no. Our duty as editors isn't to try and enforce our beliefs and attack those who don't believe the same; That's just an extremist. Our duty is to maintain the wiki, and do our best to facilitate its growth. Our opinions regarding what the experience or intelligence of the user base is ultimately does not matter. Jwguy 05:26, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Because I'm stuck here Jw. Because I made the mistake of submitting work to this site, only to have my ability to delete it revoked. Because my right to being an 'Author' was taken away and now I must maintain the integrity of my articles from Spammers, Vandalism, Bots, Idiots, and Advertisers. I am in despair. And men in despair are hard to talk to. I can't believe how an intelligent person like you Jw even found this place. What are you still doing here! This place is for the moppets and trolls. It's got rust on the edges and the wheels squeak and the head is stagnate like a rock. Run away, run away. Save yourselves! --Jay Freedman 05:35, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Oh poor Jay, forced to ... um ... Actually if you hate this site, you don't have to stay. So please for the sake of saving your and everyone elses time, just leave as you are simply being a bitter troll.--Milo High-Hill 05:42, 20 April 2012 (MDT)
- Your right. These are just the death throws of a crying wraith. The moans of prisoner never to escape. I must surrender my amazing, godlike, infallible, winning articles to the universe and die like a man. I bid you adieu gentlemen. Go with honor. Do not become like me. Do not succumb to bitter pettiness in your old age. Free yourself of pride and learn to let go of this world. *grunts in pain.* I die Horatio. *crumples to the floor* --Jay Freedman 05:53, 20 April 2012 (MDT)(<--Dead)
Hi Milo, just want to thank you for the feedback you're giving the community at GitP forums regarding dandwiki. Whilst I'm ambivalent about the homebrew disclaimer issue, I hope they'll eventually notice that efforts are being made into the signal-to-noise ratio (Tivanir has been more than helpful in his recent review of 3.5e classes). Edit: Wow, I've deleted over 500 pages this month alone. Marasmusine 13:44, 22 April 2012 (MDT)
- Your welcome. And thank you for increasing this sites equality so quickly.--Milo High-Hill 17:18, 22 April 2012 (MDT)
a thought on vampires
i was brousing info on undead and vampirism and quite a few of them i saw your name, i dont really think the question is worth a page in the discussion board and you seem to have many of the same books i do so i thought we may share an interest in the undead and macabre aspects of dnd, my question is: if a vampire is sticking to a wall and you try to slap him off the wall, due to him needing no climb check to climb up the wall in the first place, is it a climb check to stay on the wall? i was kindof thinking it might be a dex check to catch the wall and stay on it but i am unsure and can find no rules or discussions that say anything on the matter. also if im just bothering you feel free to just erase this and accept my apology for being a bother.--Jintoya (talk) 18:03, 20 February 2013 (MST)
- Dex would help catching the wall, but I think that the force of the assault might be the main antagonist. So I'd say a Climb check opposed by a strength check from the attacker or opposed by the damage dealt by the attacker, would probably work best for that example. --Milo High-Hill (talk) 04:04, 21 February 2013 (MST)
I am attempting to implement a "Helpers" page to assist users with their problems. If you would like to help other users with wiki problems, simply add all of the following categories that you feel that you could assist in to your User Page. The Categories available are: [[Category:3.5e Balancing Helper]], [[Category:4e Balancing Helper]], [[Category:Proofreader Helper]], [[Category:Flavor Helper]], and [[Category:General Helper]]. If you choose to put one of the above categories, please also add [[Category:Helper]] as well. Thank you, Salasay Δ 13:44, 5 February 2013 (MST)