From D&D Wiki
 Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Camulus and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying D&D Wiki and I hope you have been finding the information here useful. Before you start contributing it is recommended you make sure your user preferences match your preferences. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well). Everything relating to admins can be found here.
If you have any questions about a specific page please ask it on that pages talk page. All other questions should be asked to another; user, admin, or me, the owner (ask me a question).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to ask specific D&D-related questions on DnD Discussions. Anyway, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means follow Wikipedia's guidelines on civility and etiquette when discussing anything. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon (). This will automatically produce your name and the date. Anyway, I hope you come to enjoy D&D Wiki and the community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 11:30, 19 October 2010 (MDT)
I have a question about my campaign setting that I cannot find anywhere else to post. It's an incomplete campaign that's rapidly being designed. Should I post it? It has many deities, lands, NPCs and organizations. There are also a few playable and non-playable races. Is that enough? Camulus 14:54, 28 September 2010 (MDT)
- Of course! Even if it is incomplete it will get categorized into an appropriate area with templates and or review. --Green Dragon 11:30, 19 October 2010 (MDT)
 welcome to the club.
i totally agree with you about how you wish that there was a section for AD&D. I play AD&D as well. i like to play AD&D 2e. if you check out my user page, take a look at my sandboxes. i have one labeled "My 2e homebrew". that is my own homebrew i am creating, mostly for a reference, but also so i can make AD&D monsters and pages. People get really confused when you make a page from an edition that isn't on this website. Trust me, I know that feeling. :( thats why i made my 2e homebrew sandbox. Check it out if you want, you might like it. Welcome to the club of people that wish that there was an AD&D section. Dj00345 09:30, 26 March 2011 (MDT) PS... I like the monster you made on your user page. Keep up the good work!
- I could make an AD&D section if you wish. How much content do you have to fill it? I ask because if there is enough for it to be played, it would be linked to from the Main Page as well. Should I? --Green Dragon 15:25, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- I don't have much for my 2e homebrew sandbox. i am working on filling it out. i am mainly trying to add all the monsters and items from the monsters manual, and items list. Once i get those in, i can start adding more creatures and items that i have made, so it can spice things up. Then once it becomes a main page section, everyone can enjoy it. This would be great. Once i finish working on it, i will let you know. i dont have much info. You can take a look at if you wish. just go to my user page, go to my sandboxes and click on my 2e homebrew. then you will see what i have so far. once i get more filled out i will let you know on this talk page. I will start working on it now. got a whole bunch of grammatical changes and filling out pages to do. I think that having a AD&D section would be a great idea, especially for people who play AD&D 1e and AD&D 2e. This will significantly help people out. Make sure you watch this page, and i will comment when i have a lot of info. Having the section would be a great idea.!!!! Dj00345 15:55, 26 March 2011 (MDT) Make sure you check out the page!!!
- The thing is, i can make the 2e homebrew. that is what i am doing now, the only problem would have to be, the back to footer and the Add your own _______ to D&D wiki buttons. i wouldn't know how to do that. i am working on getting the pages formatted correctly. all my pages in the 2e homebrew are sandboxes, just letting you know. here is a link to it. 2.5e Homebrew. Dj00345 16:15, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- Before adding anything from a book, please check the license information. It may not be able to be added (most likely). However, I see what you are doing. If you do not mind I will go through and move it to a section and update it accordingly, and once it has a few items it can be linked to from somewhere. Thoughts? --Green Dragon 16:17, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- Where would you move it to????? just asking... i was just working on getting the right format in and fixing grammatical changes. may i ask where you would move it too??? Dj00345 16:45, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- Would you like me to go through the section and start deleting things so we can start from scratch or what?. would you like me to do anything? Dj00345 16:55, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- I moved it to 2e Homebrew. Do you think I should instead move it to "2/.5e Homebrew"? And you can help the section as you wish, however making the templates correct would be the best start. Do you know which pages would be good to base templates off? For example, which ones use the same formatting? --Green Dragon 17:15, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- i dont really know which pages would be good to base templates off... and i guess it sounds reasonable that it should be moved to 2.5e homebrew. yeah. Dj00345 17:19, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- by the way, i clicked on your link above that says 2e homebrew. the page is blank and just says 2e homebrew. there is a thing that says redirected from 2e homebrew. is this what i am suppossed to be seeing??? would you like me to add all the things in there that say like, "For Players, For DM's, and General"??? Dj00345 17:22, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- For example Shrink Object seems pretty standard. Would you agree?
- And you think 2.5e is more official then 2e? What was the difference?
- With regard to moving the pages, I used the "move subpages" option, however it has not been going through all of them. So I moved 2e Homebrew to
2e Homebrew1for keeping it for the moment. --Green Dragon 17:31, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- Yes i think that shrink object is pretty standard. Well now that i think about it, if it was called 2.5e, then it would be in between 2e and 3e-3.5e. the reason i said that it might be better as 2.5e is because then people might add things from 3.5e into it. if we leave it as 2e homebrew then it would be easier. im not quite sure..... Dj00345 17:58, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- A revision is something that has been written again. They did do a revision, however as far as I know they only did minor changes, less than errata. Should we just consider them the same for clarity? If they use the same rules, balance, etc, then it would be more clear to keep them together. If they do not, however, then two sections would make sense. Of course 2.5e was their more recent name. Should we use the more recent name? --Green Dragon 18:23, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- I guess we can use the more recent name. im pretty sure that the rules that they use are a little different. not quite sure...... Dj00345 18:26, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
- Are you finished moving all the pages??? i would like to know so that i can go through and changed the grammer... everything in there says "MY" __________.... i would like to know if i can edit on the 2e homebrew now??? Dj00345 18:43, 26 March 2011 (MDT)
→Reverted indentation to one colon
- The pages are moved to 2.5e, and that is what is used throughout.
- I moved the content you are going to add to your userpage, as ideas or works in progress.
- Many of the areas are ready for content to be added to them.
- I have a few questions, though. Did you mean to organize creatures (for example) by Category:Environment? Classes by something similar to Category:Combat-Focused? Etc? --Green Dragon 00:13, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- yes i tried to categorize them according to their terrain or habitat. i thought it would be easier to organize them that way. Dj00345 09:34, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- I noticed that on a few of the pages for the 2.5e homebrew, that they were missing the button where you can add your own ideas to it. is that going to be put in later???? i will begin to work on the pages you moved to my userpage and will let you know when i get most of them done. Dj00345 09:41, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- and are we going to be organizing things. (for example) like the creatures. are we going to categorize them according to terrain and habitat?? or by something else?? Dj00345 10:05, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- I have managed to put the adding content button into most of the pages. im just going to need help putting them into the right categories and formatting. Dj00345 11:12, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- I thought we could organize them more once some content is added. Although we could do creatures by XP Value, or is that subject to change by level (like 3.5e)?
- Thanks for adding more of the pages. They look good. Do you want the subpages to be moved back into your userspace? --Green Dragon 11:58, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- The subpages on the homebrew??? what, the environments, creatures, and NPC's??? yeah sure!!! that would make it easier for me. and for the creatures, when you say the subject to change by level, do you mean by hit dice??? Dj00345 12:18, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- Hey i have been working on the 2.5e homebrew, and i made the pages for making your own page. i tried making my own flaw to see if it worked. i can't get the page to show up on the 2.5e Flaws page. i can't redirect it to it. can you find out what the problem is Green Dragon???? i cant figure out how to rediriect.... Dj00345 17:54, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- No, I mean the pages which are subpages by MediaWiki. A list can be found here. I am just wondering, do the creatures have CR's and you have not been adding them to them?
- I fixed that problem on the flaw page. The rules you are referencing use 3.5e there. You may want to change that, or is that intended? --Green Dragon 18:02, 27 March 2011 (MDT)
- No the creatures dont have CR's. and im not quite sure what you mean when you are talking about the rules... But did you fix it so that if someone were to create a 2.5e flaw, that once they finished, it would be sent to the 2.5e flaws page????? Dj00345 13:49, 28 March 2011 (MDT)
- Ok, i see what you mean by the rules thing... but how would i be able to change that to 2.5e rules???? how would i make that page??? Dj00345 13:54, 28 March 2011 (MDT)
- Ok, apparently, in the 3.5e homebrew, if you click on character options, you will see the links to 2.5e flaw, and 2.5e trait. i haven't changed anything to the 2.5e homebrew, but for some wierd reason those appeared there. also in the flaws section of the 3.5e homebrew, you can find a link to 2.5e flaws, and a link to Insomnia 2.5e flaw. those are also in there for some wierd reason. and finally in 3.5e homebrew in the traits section, there is a link to 2.5e traits in there for some reason as well. what is going on??????? Dj00345 14:53, 28 March 2011 (MDT)
- I might need some help redirecting all of the pages to their rightful place. im not sure how to do that. i have been working on pages for the homebrew but not on the homebrew itself. need to get the redirecting done first... help please...!!! im lost. Dj00345 14:38, 1 April 2011 (MDT)
- So, the creatures must be organized differently than by CR.
- Now, yes, when one creates a flaw it will be listed on 2.5e Flaws. Same with traits.
- I removed 3.5e related text on flaws and traits. If you have related text for that area, please add it!
- The displaying in multiple editions has been fixed. Category:DnD should not be added, as many pages still rely on that (eventually, it will get checked for completeness).
- I look forward to seeing more 2.5e content! Also, information pertaining to redirection would be appreciated as I do not understand what you are talking about. --Green Dragon 21:55, 1 April 2011 (MDT)
- What i mean by redirecting is the whole thing you did where if you were to create a page (ex. a flaw/trait), that when you save the page, it will show up in that page. kinda like with the Insomnia (2.5e flaw). how once i saved it, you were able to make it show up on the 2.5e flaw page. i dont understand how to do that. i need to get that done to every one of the pages. (flaws,traits,creatures, etc.). that is, once i create a page for each one. just to make it easier. that is what i meant. and i am working on more 2.5e content as we speak!!! Dj00345 09:32, 3 April 2011 (MDT)
- By the way, that whole thing about how the Catergory:DnD should not be added, does that mean that that category shouldnt be on any of the pages we create for 2.5e homebrew.? including the 2.5e flaws page.??? cause i just noticed that the 2.5e flaws pages has that category. and the Insomnia page still shows up in the 3.5e flaws page..... Dj00345 09:37, 3 April 2011 (MDT)
- That was a passing remark I made. I didn't expect all this when I got back. Camulus 16:03, 26 April 2011 (MDT)
- well see, my comment was also a passing remark. i didnt expect any of this to happen. im just glad that GREEN DRAGON saw the comment. he gave me permission to work on making a 2.5e homebrew. im still working on it. i have most of it done, i just need to add more pages to each section. like add more monster to the creatures section, and more items to the equipment section. im getting a lot of it done each day. Dj00345 16:14, 26 April 2011 (MDT)