User talk:Badger/Archive 1
From D&D Wiki
 Tavern Mockup
For your tavern mockup I was thinking, you may want to add another rule similar to 'All administrators have the right to remove or block you from the tavern for breaking any previously listed rule'. Thoughts? --Vrail 04:07, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
 Templates List
Sorry about changing your sandbox, guess I should have asked you to do it. Basically I have spent a tun of time cleaning out every single article in the wording issues section on the meta pages, and your template is linking to the category adding a page there that I can't remove. So I was just changing your workspace so it didn't show up there. To bad it didn't work for some reason... :( --Vrail 05:00, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- It's ok. I tried to do the same thing, and it didn't work. I have a new plan, but it is a hack-job of coding. If I can't figure out a way to use the noinclude tags I'll use it. --Badger 05:03, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- You could copy and paste what is on the actual template pages, could you not? --Vrail 05:13, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- That's the gross fix. I'm implementing it now. It's working for all of them except abandoned. I think there is something inherently wrong that that page though... --Badger 05:15, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- Lol, thanks for fixing that for me. I know a fair bit of wiki coding, but when noinclude wasn't working I was getting a little bit worried. :P --Vrail 05:26, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- noinclude is the best idea that never works, or so my experience would suggest. --Badger 05:28, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
- I figured breadcrumbs probably warrant a page of their own, they're pretty complex. The goal of this page, in my opinion, is to introduce templates that are content-based, not to teach template basics. Perhaps I should re-title the page, or clarify that somehow... --Badger 22:16, 8 June 2010 (UTC)
 Adding the Correct Indicator
In your edit summary for your page move you said you were adding the correct indicator. I just wanted to make a side note and say, its called a tag. Just for future reference when people are talking about tags. :) Then again maybe you knew that and were just being different. In that case... completely ignore everything I just said and keep up the good work. :D --Vrail 21:50, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
 New Users Guide
I left a comment on the talk page for the new users guide that you are making, however seeing as it has been neerly a week since I posted it and I've heard no response, I was just posting here to make sure you had noticed it. I would tell you my comment here, but that would seem a little bit redundent as it is already posted here. :) --Vrail 17:55, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
--Axl 00:56, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- Not necessarily. I'd include a link to it under the future equipment page, but you don't have to include it under the 4e Sourcebook namespace. I'd leave it as just "Protobuster (4e Equipment)". Hope this helps. --Badger 01:10, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
--Axl 21:29, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
Can you answer this? So, you know that I'm creating a D&D 4.0 Future sourcebook. Well, I made a creature for it in Chapter 3: Monsters, but it doesn't show up on the page. What should I do? --Axl 23:24, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- You had forgotten to add the DPL tables to actually list the content. I went ahead and added them for you. It should work now. --Badger 23:32, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- All right. Thanks. --Axl 23:36, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
 Help (4e Future Sourcebook)
Hey Badger, do you mind helping me with my sourcebook? I could use some help. There's more categories I need to add, I need to finish the equipment (also using the preload that you made). If you could help me with that, that would be great. --Axl 02:45, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know what you'd want me to do, exactly. I don't know anything about 4e, so I'd not be useful at writing anything. Also, I've never really played much Megaman, so I couldn't even help with that. I don't know of anything I could help with. If you are having issues coding, I could take at look at that, but that's pretty much it. --Badger 03:04, 20 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, maybe if you could start changing the DPLs that are not already upgraded (make sure that everything still connects) that would be great. --Axl 04:19, 21 July 2010 (UTC)
- So I don't want to go through and do the grunt work of your sourcebook coding (I have better uses of my free-time, no offense) but if you're having trouble with DPLs, this link should help clear things up for you. If you're still having trouble with DPLs I can try to teach them to you. Wikipedia, or maybe mediawiki (I can't recall), also has some pretty good tutorials on how to write and use DPLs. --Badger 06:07, 25 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I know about your DPL thing, I just wanted help. But, that's okay. Oh, by the way, um, I should have thought about it some more, but I found out that I don't really need your 4e add new equipment. Sorry for putting you through the trouble. I really should have thought about it more. But thanks for your help anyway. --Axl 16:54, 26 July 2010 (UTC)
- Heh heh, um started using the add new equipment thing again. So, yeah. Thanks. --Axl 22:09, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
- Do you mind if I update it a little? I'm planning to put in where it will automatically show the basic idea on the page before you enter the weapon's link. --Axl 19:01, 18 August 2010 (MDT)
- Feel free to do whatever you want to it. I've got no experience with 4e, so I wouldn't know how to improve it. I just mocked it together real fast, I'm sure there are multiple ways you can improve upon it. Have at it! --Badger 19:27, 18 August 2010 (MDT)
Hey badger i just wanted to inform you that the Kenseijin is 99% complete and is being tested in a campaign, let me know what you think of it and ill keep its progress posted, Cheers!!! -Envoyof_aGod 15:08, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
Just wanted to let you know the Kenseijin is actually kinda hard to play haha, made a few updates to balance them yet but more is still to be seen so ill keep you posted, Cheers!!!Envoyof_aGod 13:15, 25 August 2010 (MDT)
 My RfA
Recently I nominated myself for adminship on the wiki. I don't want to sound like I'm advertising my nomination, however it has been three days without any support or oppose comments. I am just trying to get at least a few people to take notice and comment. My nomination may be found here. Thanks. --Vrail 11:16, 18 August 2010 (MDT)
- I went ahead and weighed in, for what it's worth. You should talk to GD (or any other admin) about getting your nomination on the news feed on the main page. It's protected, so you can't just add it yourself, but that would probably generate a little more activity. --Badger 14:40, 19 August 2010 (MDT)
- Yes, thanks for your contributions to my RfA. I will definately contact GD about that and perhaps another admin, as often GD takes a few days to respond to messages on his talk page. :) --Vrail 15:13, 19 August 2010 (MDT)
 Looking For Group
I'm moving soon and it is a distance of immense proportions and I was wondering if you know of anyone in the milwauki area of portland oregon who plays 3.5e and is willing to accept know members. If so leave a not on my talk page or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me now thx. --Dragoona22
Thx I left a message with hooper also I was wondering if you would look over the 3.5e class I made called the Gaurdian of the Blade. My only problem is I can't the lvls table so if you could help me with that it would be great.
Thak you that should help emensly.
 Anti-Vandal Barnstar
Thanks! --Badger 13:42, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
 Bite and Claw damage?
>.< i need some help i dont know where i would fine a claw and bite table to give the rough attack damage of a large creature with claw and bite. >.<
- Alright, well, first I need to know a little about your race. Is it humanoid? Should we be basing the claws and bites off of insects, mammals, or dragons, for example? My first instinct is to just check the Claw and Bite damage of dragons, here. These will be likely too strong to just pick "large" and transfer that over, but subtracting a size category and using medium stats would probably be fine. I'd recommend a 1d6 for claws, and a d4 for bites, if claws are the primary attack; or a 1d8 bite and 1d4 claws if bite is the primary natural attack. You could go with 1d8/1d6 primary/secondary attacks as well, considering they are large creatures.
- Edit: It looks like you're going with some sort of big wolf/dog race, so I'd suggest looking at the Monster manual entries for Dire Lion, Dire Tiger, and Dire Wolf for suggested damages, and of course, you can check out the table for bite and claw damage on the page for lycanthropy.--Badger 13:40, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
- Uh, yeah. That seems pretty reasonable. The bite/claw on the lycanthrope page is for the hybrid form, if I'm not mistaken. Hybrid is the traditional image of "werewolf", which seems very similar to what you've based your race on. I'd say that would be a reasonable decision. --Badger 17:48, 6 November 2010 (MDT)
 Did you?
- I noticed that my Template:4e Form got fixed up. I noticed that it was in your style of coding, so I was wondering if you did it. If you did, thanks. I needed help.
- --Axl 15:16, 15 November 2010 (MST)
- Nope, after checking the edit history it looks like it was Green Dragon if it wasn't you... --Badger 15:20, 15 November 2010 (MST)
- oh, Okay. --Axl 16:52, 23 December 2010 (MST)
 4e_Magical_Armor Preload
- Did you make a 4e_Magical_Armor preload (something along those lines)? If not, it would be nice if you could come up with one.
Thanks, --Axl 16:50, 23 December 2010 (MST)
- I've not made a preload for magical armor. You can probably just use the armor template, as it's just (4e Armor), and write in any magical enhancement bonuses, and include information in the flavor text below the template. That template can be found here, and there is a preload here. Let me know if you need anything else. --Badger 17:46, 23 December 2010 (MST)
 From Kneja
Hey! I'm new to this site (but incredibly not new to 3.5e) and I needed a friend, you seem to be exactly the kind of person I need (I.e. Awesome) so what say you? Friends and such?
Also your choice of scoundrelly type characters is a definite plus, as is your dislike of bleeding
- I don't know what being super special awesome internet friends means, but I'm here if you need any help with the wiki. You can leave a message here, and I'll try to respond quickly (usually within a day). --Badger 23:17, 31 December 2010 (MST)
Hey. This is Dj00345. Thank you for letting me know to put a help section In the discussion page. I have been playing AD&D for a while now, but I am new to this website. I might be making a few more pages that I might need help on. If you would like you can help me work on them. If you would like to, just comment on my talk page. If I get a message from you, then I will send you the names of the pages. I am new to this so I don't know how to link pages. Unless it just doesnt show them on my screen. But thanks again, and remember, if you would like to help me, just leave a comment. Thanks again Badger!
Hey badger! You told me to comment on your talk page if I had a question. Well whenever I link something to a page, it shows that page as red, when I already created that page. Can you help me and tell me what to do? --Dj00345
- Alright, well, it seems what you're doing is just not linking them quite properly. You're typing [[Lord Kray]], for example, when you should be typing [[Lord Kray_(3.5e_NPC)|Lord Kray]]. The way a link works is like this: [[Name_of_Page|Display Text]]. If you do everything right, it should be blue text, like this: Lord Kray. I hope that clears things up. --Badger 18:48, 3 January 2011 (MST)
It did thanks!
Thanks for the info! Since you said you will chime in, I figure I can just post what I am trying to do on my own talk page. First thing I am working on finishing is a monster/race. I have most of the kinks worked out so far that I have noticed or that my friends have, but you know how it goes. Second is that old problem of a Low Magic Realm or World. I have an idea on how to do it but the only thing I can think of is from either First or Second Edition, and it has been several years since I played either one. Nor do I even have the books to look through anymore. I will now go post what I have for my Monster/Race in my own talk page. I would link it but I'm not sure what the link would be.
- Hey, I was just looking at your New User Guide and started to wonder a few things. Is there a chance that you can show me a guide or tell me how to code my own user page to be similar to yours? Not exactly similar but as in "About me" and "goals" and such. Thanks again for the help you have given me thus far. Lyrad8791 02:04, 4 January 2011 (MST)
- My first recommendation would be to steal it. In my opinion the best way to learn things is to screw around with it on your own. Just "edit" my user page, copy the text, and close it without changing anything, then go edit your page and paste it in there. Soon enough you'll be able to figure out how to change colors, titles, fonts, and everything else. Other users also have done some different things with their pages, and you might want to check them out to see if you like what they have going on. Some people have their pages set up as if they are a 3.5e Creature/Race. Others just use it as a list of everything they've done. --Badger 10:11, 4 January 2011 (MST)