Requests for Adminship/Vrail
From D&D Wiki
- Vrail's Nomination. Done!
Voice your opinion (2/0/3) 100% Approval; Ended 06:11, 23 August 2010 (UTC)
I am nominating myself for adminship. This is because I think that I can make substantial contributions to the wiki as an admin that I could not have done beforehand. A more complete description of what I will do as an admin is given herein. --Vrail 06:11, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: As an admin there are a few things I anticipate doing. One of the tasks would be going through candidates for deletion. This will help clear out the wiki and do an admin task that many admins find boring. Another thing I would do with this privilege is delete pages directly, without posting a template and waiting for an admin to do it. I am not saying I would delete full articles like this, here I am simply talking about double redirects or redirects that I have fixed and need deletion. Being an admin will also allow me to edit protected pages. This makes it easier again to fix double redirects as I can fix protected pages directly now. Finally, as an admin I would make up part of the 'face' of the wiki. This especially I think I would do well in as I keep my answers happy and nice and I am an experienced coder and wiki member.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: I currently have no complete articles that I am exceptionally proud of; however there are two articles that I would direct your attention to. The first and foremost would be my campaign setting Orion which I have worked hard on. It is currently far from completion and undergoing some reconstruction, however it is still quite nice. My second article is slightly less impressive and again unfinished. It is the Mundus which I am also working on completing.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I cannot think of any instances at the moment that are major. There is one discussion that I could bring up that can be found here. What I am refering to is my comment about how For Valor was sounding rude. He had made a few other... very critisizing reviews of my other articles surrounding that setting. However I think my comment was polite and well worded so as not to spark a further dispute. :)
I find that the edit count of Vrail is enough for adminship consideration, 1797 edits. Vrail has helped many articles which did not originate from him/herself. Although many of these edits did not spark discussion, for example grammatical edits, they did help improve D&D Wiki. Vrail has shown a desire to help D&D Wiki by moving pages which still used "DnD", cleaning and keeping Category:Wording Issues clean, and reverting vandalism. These are just a few of the larger examples. With regard to this helpful attitude I give my support for Vrail's adminship. I wonder, however, if Vrail will find enough things to do like moving "DnD" pages as an admin. Many times I find that admins do not ask where or what there is to do (taking into consideration a possible disregard for the To-Do List). As stated above "I am not saying I would delete full articles like this, here I am simply talking about double redirects or redirects", so this may not be the case. --Green Dragon 20:01, 20 August 2010 (MDT)
- I'm going to assume this is either Green Dragon, Blue Dragon, or someone else with physical access to the server (given the IP). Could one of you sign in to verify? --Badger 20:01, 20 August 2010 (MDT)
- It was me. I forgot to log in. --Green Dragon 20:03, 20 August 2010 (MDT)
- As a note to the last bit of your previous comment I think I would be able to take more of a leadership role in task completion. I have looked into the to-do list in the past, however having other tasks on my plate at the time I never really started a project. Thanks for the support. --Vrail 02:41, 21 August 2010 (MDT)
I'm in favor of Vrail being an admin. Quite a nice guy, and I like it that he's going to delete the useless stuff. Good luck! --Axl 16:25, 21 August 2010 (MDT)
I haven't seen you around at all, but that's not necessarily a reason to oppose. Though your intentions to delete needily deleted articles are good, I'm just not sure. Though, to be fair, you have shown the ability to commit, such as in your Orion setting. Since I can't really tell enough about you, and haven't experienced any discussion with you head-to-head, I figured I'd just drop my comments in for people to read and think upon. Good luck. --SgtLion 12:10, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, I do admit that recently my activity level has died down a bit. However that was because of many recent events in my life such as vacations, family visiting etc. If you go into my contributions, I have been around, just less often of late. I am planning on becoming much more active. Thanks for the good luck, still uncertain if I'll need it. :) --Vrail 16:22, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
Nothing personal, but I'm going to have to say Neutral. You're a fantastic contributor, and I'm happy, as are others, that you've done so much work for the wiki. However, I just don't think we really need another admin right now. From what I can tell, the jobs you'd be trying to do would be the sort of thing we could write a bot to do. If the wiki needs a new admin, you'd be on my "short list", but I personally just don't think that we need another admin right now. --Badger 11:54, 19 August 2010 (MDT)
As others have done, I as well am going to have to say Neutral. I once thought I needed admin powers to help out, and here we are years later and I've learned that we really don't. All the major things (vandalism, spam, etc.) can be fixed without admin tools. Additionally, I'd like to see a longer period of activity (year+) before voting one way or the other.18:18, 19 August 2010 (MDT)
- To note Vrail registered for an account on April 6, 2009. So that is a little over a year, but not much. --Green Dragon 20:01, 20 August 2010 (MDT)