Talk:Dracon (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Thank You VERY much.--Noname 19:08, 27 December 2008 (MST)
A Few Things
- Vision/Skill Bonuses: You should put the Perception bonus under Skill Bonuses instead of Vision, and you may want to make it +2 instead of +1.
- Languages: Why don't they get both Draconic and Common. Speaking common allows them to interact with other PCs easier.
- Dragon Breath: The wording under the Racial Traits is a bit clumsy, maybe "You can use the Dragon Breath racial encounter power.", as well the actual power write-up is incomplete (ie. what is its area of effect?, what is the attack roll needed?, etc.). You may want to compare yours to some of the powers already written up in the books and match that format closer, and I would suggest changing the Keyword from Natural to Acid, that makes more sense.
- Dragon Heritage: The wording here is a bit clumsy as well, maybe "Your healing surge value is equal to one fifth of your maximum hit points + Constitution."
- Sexual Diversity: I know many fall into the trap of wanting to stat the sexes of a race differently, but there really is no precident for it in 4e (stat adjustments should be one set for both). Both the Height and Weight entries should show the full range of possible traits for either sex (ie. Height: 5'4"-6'8, Weight: 100-200 lbs.). Then if you wish, in the fluff text, you can say; "Female members of the Dracon race tend to be smaller then their male counterparts." and that should suffice.
Thanks for listening. -- Sepsis 14:52, 16 December 2008 (MST)
- I will take this into account as soon as I have the time... thank you. And as for the "common" language... I'll just say that a growing number of them also know how to speak common, although the majority of the race really doesn't know how to speak it. For the purposes of those who deal with adventurers, or are adventurers, I'll say they speak common as well. --Noname 19:04, 16 December 2008 (MST)
- On the article you have Dracon Breath as an At-Will and Free action. Technically the character could use the power as many times as they wish during 1 round. -- Sepsis 14:27, 28 December 2008 (MST)
Updating The Page
It has already begun, but is by no means over. The new 4e power text replaces this older version. --Noname 09:40, 27 December 2008 (MST)
|Dracon Breath Dracon Racial Power|
|When in need, a cloud of acid can be emitted from your mouth.|
|Hit: Males: 1d6 + Constitution modifier damage. Females: 1d4|
- Thanks to some rather... intense criticism from the folks at the D&D forums at wizards.com, I have decided to try and improve the race by means of giving it additional powers. I shall see what I can do. --Noname 19:47, 26 February 2009 (MST)
Is what I have on the Dracon page (in red heading) how a racial power is to be formatted? --Noname 15:04, 28 December 2008 (MST)
- Some of the major changes are being implemented with the advice of mplindustries from the D&D forums. --Noname 14:14, 4 March 2009 (MST)
I read though this race and I have just a few questions/suggestions.
- If this race was indeed created rather then came into it's present form through evolution, why would the creators of this race make the females weaker? Especially if it came from Human and Dragon blood mixed. Female humans are not weaker then the males. Female dragons are not weaker then the males. If this race is just a blood-mix of the two why is their even a sex different?
- I would personally remove the "Play a Dracon if you want... To have extra powers at little cost" since that just implies this is overpowered. I would replace it with something a little more relevant and interesting. The second one I would change too since that is not necessarily true - depending on how the DM implements this race in their campaign.
- I would add more information about how this race was created. Who created them? Why were they even created? Why was someone trying to create a dragon/human hybrid? Although I am not sure if that is already on the Dracon Civilization page, since I have not read that page.
- I would add a few links to the 4e Index throughout.
- The racial traits area needs to use Template:4e Racial Traits and not a self-made table.
- Personally I would just remove the entire male/female difference, remove the second ability score bonus they get, and maybe add an attack with their tail, or at least something with their tail. Dragons and their tail sweeps are very nice :).
Just a few questions and suggestions of mine. --Green Dragon 08:45, 4 March 2009 (MST)
- The race was created with dimorphism in mind; think of it as taking the blood of the strongest human/dragon males and of weaker human and dragon females.
- I'll change the power part. Ironically, I have been told that the race is underpowered.
- I've already explained that on the D&D Forum, and will copy it here.
- I'll add a few relevant links.
- I'll change the table.
- I normally would, but this has gotten way too far developed down a certain path... heh. Developments on the forums. I'll see what I can do with the tails.
- Thanks! --Noname 14:18, 4 March 2009 (MST)