Talk:Crickori (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
So whats your opinion of my race? I have much more to give if anyone is interested. And not just races but Campaigns, NPC's, and maps. I will also for free make a map of a place, continent, world, or universe. Just give me some specifics (or none at all) and I should have it published on my Deviantart in a day or so.(Depending on when I get the message.) My deviantart is Swordplayer by the way. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by PhantomMilkMan (talk • contribs) 14:41, 9 April 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Cool concept, but let me help you on what I can --> the rules.
-2 Dexterity, +2 Bonus to Armor Class and a +1 Addition every 4 levels. Crickori are naturally plated with armor leading attacks to bounce off, they have limited mobility for this though.
- What type of bonus to armor class? I'd suspect you meant a natural armor bonus to AC, which seems overly good. Take a look at kobolds for example. They have +3 AC from natural, size, and a +2 dex. This is offset by -4 str and -2 con. This class gets +3 AC at level 8 and just gets better from there.
A Crickori's base land speed is 20ft. Fly 10ft (poor)*A Crickori cannot fly up with it's wings.
- Seems fair. I haven't seen many creatures with 20ft move that are medium size though. Maybe you should set the land speed to 30ft or reduce the size to small.
Crickori gain a +1 to armor class every 4 levels. They are considered wearing medium armor at all times. Standard armor penalties apply.(ex. Spell-failure, swim and climb skills...) Crickori can never wear Heavy armor and any armor they wear will negate their flying ability.
- They physically cannot wear heavy armor? Why not? And there is no need to repeat the +1 AC/4 levels here (though I'd remove it entirely).
25% immunity to critical hits and death spells.
- What does 25% immunity mean? Does it mean you take 0 damage on a critical hit 25% of the time? What about other effects from death spells? As far as balance goes -- this is VERY good. An innate chance for things to fail rivals high level spells. A better way for death spells is perhaps: +1 or +2 racial bonus to saving throws against death spells and effects (though you may want to also better define a death spell).
Immune to sleep, electricity, and fear.
- Immune to sleep = ok (elves)
- Immune to electricity = too good (this is a powerful ability that can be abused -- players can only get it when they go epic. Consider a resistance to electricity if anything)
- Immune to fear = questionable (it sort of negates certain beneficial class abilities and that isn't really all that cool)
Weak to Fire and cold.
- Ouch -- big offset, but still not equal to some of the other abilities. Mini-maxers like big bonuses and big penalties rather than small bonuses and penalties.
+2 Racial bonus to Hide skill +10 Racial bonus to Jump skill.
+1 on attack rolls against animals and vermin. Crickori often fight these creatures and know their anatomy well.
Automatic Languages: Crick and Cricket. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon, Sylvan, and Terran.
Favored class: Druid.
- Sure :-)
- Hope this gives you some more to refine with. Also make sure to hit the signature button at the top. That way we know who said the message :-). --Aarnott 15:26, 10 April 2007 (MDT)