Crickori (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Crickori are shy and reclusive race, preferring a quiet tribe life to any big city dwelling. They have a built in love for caring for one another and a easily trust-able nature. This does not however, mean that Crickori themselves are especially trusting. It takes nearly a half-a-lifetime to for them to talk about personal matters with just another Crickori, why should they be more open to outsiders?
 Physical Description
Crickori (pn. crick-OR-ee) stand 4 to 5 feet tall and weight around 50 to 60 pounds. Males are indistinguishable from females to the average human. The exoskeleton in almost always a Dark Brown or Black, though in rare cases a white(albino) could occur. Under their shell they house a pair of thin glossy wings which allow almost no flying ability but make it easy for jumping long distances. Their heads have two antenna on top that they use for determining individuals. Crickori usually live to be 150 years old, but some have even been recorded as old as 250 years.
Crickori get along just fine with other races. They are an unbiased people, judging by character rather than by race. They are somewhat shy on a first meeting, and generally will never voice an opinion with others unless they believe it is a moral sin. They prefer the company of Sylvan creatures if they must. (Author's note) In my campaign Crickori are virtually undiscovered. They have no outside relations other than a few Druids and Rangers.
Crickori tend toward being more Lawful than Chaotic because of their timid nature. They also appreciate life and their world around them making them lean to good and neutral over evil.
Crickori generally live in dense temperate forests. They often stray from populated places preferring the outskirts of a town if that is a must. They dwell in stick made huts along the forest floor governed in a tribal system by the oldest male and the oldest female. (Author's Note) Crickori in my Campaign don't actually lie anywhere but outside their forest.
There are no Crickori Clerics. Instead they adopted a race of Moth-like creatures know as the Lunair.(More on them later.) They are the practicers of religion in the Crickori villages. Lunair teach the word of the Humble Shree, a protector to all the organized races. Clerics of Shree have the domains of; Plant, Luck, Animal, and Protection.
Crickori speak in a series of clicks and screeches called Crick. They also can speak to their smaller cousins crickets. All Crickori must take Common as a Bonus language, it is difficult for them to pronounce some sounds found in common therefore requiring more practice.
Oddly Crickori use no names in their speech. Context explains who a sentence is directed at so names were never needed. Well integrated Crickori actually find names wasted speech and do not use them or adopt their own. This leads often to them not referring to a character by name and not recognizing a name given to them by the party.
 Racial Traits
- -2 Dexterity
- +2 Bonus to Armor Class and a +1 Addition every 4 levels. Crickori are naturally plated with armor leading attacks to bounce off, they have limited mobility for this though.
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Medium- Crickori have no bonuses or penalties associated with size.
- A Crickori's base land speed is 20ft. Fly 10ft (poor)*A Crickori cannot fly up with its wings.
- Crickori gain a +1 to armor class every 4 levels. They are considered wearing medium armor at all times. Standard armor penalties apply.(ex. Spell-failure, swim and climb skills...) Crickori can never wear Heavy armor and any armor they wear will negate their flying ability.
- 25% immunity to critical hits and death spells.
- Darkvision 60ft.
- Immune to sleep, electricity, and fear.
- Weak to Fire and cold.
- +2 Racial bonus to Hide skill +10 Racial bonus to Jump skill.
- +1 on attack rolls against animals and vermin. Crickori often fight these creatures and know their anatomy well.
- Automatic Languages: Crick and Cricket. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon, Sylvan, and Terran.
- Favored class: Druid.
 Vital Statistics
|25 years||+ 2d6||+ 4d6||+ 8d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||97 years||140 years||+ 3d20% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 9"||+ 2d6||55 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 8"||+ 2d6||53 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|