Talk:Black Lion (4e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
I'm still working out the feat order. Anthing marked Bonus Feat will be filled soon. Peace. --Jay Freedman 17:29, 12 December 2009 (MST)
- Level 12 is broken. Will fix soon. --Jay Freedman 18:10, 12 December 2009 (MST)
- Fixed. Is their really no good powers for level 19? I built this class, for crying out loud. --Jay Freedman 22:41, 12 December 2009 (MST)
Can you link stuff better. Like to the Paragon Path please. --220.127.116.11 23:00, 12 December 2009 (MST)
- Added links under Reference section. Peace. --Jay Freedman 16:55, 13 December 2009 (MST)
You may notice that this build contains one-too-many encounter powers. That is because I have included the Elven Racial Power: Elven Accuracy on the list of Encounter Powers. This is not an error. I have also assumed that the leap from Paragon Boots of Quickness to Boots of Teleportation is intrinsically understood. Thank you and Peace! --Jay Freedman 15:18, 17 December 2009 (MST)
Featured Article Nomination
Please feel free to re-nominate it once it meets the FA criteria and when all the major issues brought up in this nomination have been dealt with.
- Discussion moved from User talk:Green Dragon/Archive 18#4e Optimized Character Build Black Lion. --Green Dragon 11:10, 30 December 2010 (MST)
I would like to recommend this article for a featured article. I created an entire 4e Class, all of its Class Powers, an entire 4e Paragon Path, and built this Optimized Build just for it. Not only does it include all the prerequisites of a good article, it includes User-generated Tables by Tier, Class Summaries every 10 levels, explanations of unique items and their strategies for use, and an expanded information section which expounds upon the Classes Role in general. I even included a designers guidelines for enemy and character progression by level and a Compare/Contrast section with this builds biggest competing build. Everything you need all in one spot. Tell me what you think? --Jay Freedman 09:26, 24 February 2010 (UTC)
Comment: I am curious as to what you say to the following. When ones makes their own content and then makes a Optimized Character Build from that content it normally is not an "optimization" but rather a "specific 'hole-in-the-game' optimization" specifically created by themselves to optimize an already exploited idea. E.g. natural weapons and natural fighting in this case.
Of course this may not be the case, I have not throughly looked. I'm just asking for your opinion. --Green Dragon 04:36, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed you used the words "Hole" and "Exploited". Words that rhyme with "Loop-hole", "Broken", and "Cheating". If that is what you mean, then no. This is not that kind of optimization.
- This is a what some people refer to as a "Build". A specific construction of levels, items, and powers that accomplishes a pre-defined purpose. That purpose being: "Maximizing Damage-per-Round during Combat". This also fulfills the Striker Role within 4th Edition as well. See.., the Black Lion Class is currently a working Striker Class within 4e, and this optimization is a fulfillment of it's ultimate potential. However, the Black Lion Class was not created with this specific optimization in mind. The class came before the optimization and not the other way around.
- I hope that helps. --Jay Freedman 07:14, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
- FA Nomination! No way! Get outta town. You guys. I could just hug and kiss u. Lolz. No, but seriously. Seriously guys. ...Awesome! Yes. Yes. Love for all. Haha. King Julian approves. I approve. The almighty GOD approves. Yes. Yes. Wery nice, wery nice. (P.S. Vote for me.) --Jay Freedman 17:00, 16 June 2011 (MDT)
- Yes they do. However, this Character Build has been outdated for some time. Given its now, utter uselessness. Such changes and updates will not be made by me. My apologies. --Jay Freedman 00:03, 13 April 2012 (MDT)
Comment - I need to look over the base class before casting my vote. In the meantime, I would suggest that the BAB columns aren't necessary (since 4e doesn't have a BAB that varies across classes). 13:52, 8 September 2012 (MDT)
- Salves of Power got nerfed via update. No longer restores Dailies, it restores Encounter. Thus, this optimization needs reorganization. --Jay Freedman 11:45, 8 July 2011 (MDT)
- With the continued release of Errata, Sourcebooks, and Magazine Articles. This Optimization continues to prove it is outdated by many years. Any attempt to bring it up to date or simply building another one? ...Would simply see it outdated with every new release of additional content, buffs, and nerfs. So I proudly declare: Darn you Wonderous Items! (shakes fist) --Jay Freedman 23:30, 16 April 2012 (MDT)
Reorganization to Minimize Gear Restrictions
In an attempt to keep this Optimization useful, rather than wasted space. I have removed many specific items from the listings. Including "Rings of the Dwarf Lords" and "Salves of Power." Replacing them simply with the Lv9 item "Endless Quiver" from the Adventurer's Vault 2. This free's up a good deal of your cash latter in the game, but doesn't not provide a specific set of items you are recommended to obtain. It's up to the players discretion at this point. I've pretty much optimized this baby as far as I can go with the materials available to me. The good news is that is still kicks a ton of tail. Yeehaa! --Jay Freedman 23:44, 16 April 2012 (MDT)