Shadowdancer (4e Paragon Path)
From D&D Wiki
|“||I dance in the flickering shadows under the moonlight. None can see me unless I wish it; for my dance is the dance of light and shadow, a dance faster than your eyes can see.||”|
For most, shadow is merely the absence of light. It may even be thought of as a synonym for evil. You know better. You can conceal yourself in mere shadow and dance where nobody sees unless you wish it. Your knowledge of shadows enables you to summon a friend for yourself from your shadow, and dance from darkness to darkness, always too fast to be seen. You understand the significance of light and its necessity; for neither shadow nor light can exist without the other. Sometimes, when others cast you out for your knowledge of shadow, you seem to be alone. But you know that while shadows surround you, you will never be truly alone.
Shadowdancer Path Features
- Hide in Plain Sight (11th Level): You can use the stealth skill to hide even while being observed. So long as you are in an area of dim light or darkness, you can hide even if you are not in cover or concealment.
- Summon Spiritshadow (11th Level): You gain the ranger's beast companion class feature, with the following exceptions;
- The spiritshadow is called from the astral sea rather than the natural world, so it is an immortal magical beast.
- The spiritshadow occupies it's master's shadow, so while you have a spiritshadow, you have no natural shadow.
- The spiritshadow has the form of a three-dimesnsional solid shadow in the shape of an animal.
- The spiritshadow is reliant on light to exist; in darkness it takes a -2 penalty to its defenses, attack rolls and damage rolls. In order to use a healing surge, it must be near some form of light.
- You or your spiritshadow can deal the extra damage from your sneak attack class feature, but only one of you can deal the extra damage each round.
- Darkvision (16th Level): You gain darkvision. You can see through supernatural darkness which even darkvision cannot normally penetrate, such as that caused by cloud of darkness.