Samurai (4e Class)
From D&D Wiki
|“||Your blood will be dripping off my blade by the end of this battle.||”|
|Role: Striker/leader. You are honorable and can strike down your enemy as well as lead your party.|
|Power Source: Martial. You have trained in the art of the sword all your life.|
|Key Abilities: Strength, Dexterity, Wisdom|
|Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, Leather, Hide, and Chainmail|
|Weapon Proficiencies: Military Heavy Blades, Longspear|
|Bonus to Defense: +1 Fortitude, +1 Reflex, +1 Will|
|Hit Points at 1st Level: 14 + Constitution score|
|Hit Points per Level Gained: 6|
|Healing Surges per Day: 7 + Constitution modifier|
| Trained Skills: From the class skills list below, choose From class skills below Choose up to three. trained skills at 1st level.|
Class Skills: Athletics (Str), Diplomacy(Cha), Endurance (Con) Heal (Wis), Insight(Wis), Intimidate(Cha), Perception(Wis), Steetwise(Cha)
|Build Options: Bushido Commander, Bushido Knight|
|Class Features: Sword Mastery, Samurai Destiny, Sword Quick draw|
Samurai are honorable and look down on those who don't see eye to eye with their leaders. They mostly follow whoever pays them. Those who become Bushido Commanders mostly look out for themselves. The Bushido Knight fights until the end of the battle, even if he knows he is going to die. The Bushido Commander will be the first to run if things are not going as planned.
|Characteristics: You use both speed and wisdom, and are able to kill a fleeing enemy, or trick an enemy into your way of thinking.|
|Religion: Samurai's can follow any religion they please. They mostly follow their leaders religion.|
|Races: All races can be a samurai.|
 Creating a Samurai
Bushido Commanders and Bushido Knights are your choice of samurai. Bushido knights are all about damaging the opponent(s) fast. Bushido Commanders can buff their team to do more damage.
 Bushido Commanders
Bushido Commanders concentrate on buffing up their team and making sure no one leaves battle before him. He doesn't just pay attention to what he does, but what the whole team is doing.
- Suggested Feat: <!-suggested feat-> (Human Feat:<!-suggested bonus feat for humans->)
- Suggested Samurai Destiny: Bushido Commander
- Suggested Skills: <!-suggested trained skills->
- Suggested At-Will Powers: <!-suggested two at will powers->
- Suggested Encounter Power: <!-suggested encounter power->
- Suggested Daily Power: <!-suggested daily power->
 Bushido Knight
Bushido Knight concentrate on helping the team by striking the enemies down with deadly force. They don't hold back when striking.
- Suggested Feat: <Ancestral weapons e.g. Katana and Wakizashi/ Naginata> (Human Feat:<Subtle Cut>)
- Suggested Samurai Destiny: Bushido Knight
- Suggested Skills: <two weapon fighting, improved two weapon fighting->
- Suggested At-Will Powers: <Kiai,Deny Armour>
- Suggested Encounter Power: <Parry Magic>
- Suggested Daily Power: <Meditation to Bushido Art, 1 hour concentration-meditation +2 to attack rolls and damage->
 Samurai Class Features
All Samurai share these class features.
Sword Mastery: You deal an extra 1d6 damage when using a sword. (This counts why using class powers that are melee)
Samurai Destiny: Choose either Bushido Commander or Bushido Knight
Bushido Commander: You and your allys get an extra +1 To your defences when they are adjacent of you.
Bushido Knight: You get an extra +1 to attack rolls.
Sword Quick Draw:You can unsheath and sheath your sword as a free action once per turn.
A Samurai's power is called Bushido Tactics and is very cunning. A list can be found [[<!- Class Name -> Powers (4e Power List)]].