SRD Talk:Planetouched—Tieflings (Race)
From D&D Wiki
The extra feats mentioned are not part of the sourcebook information... 188.8.131.52 19:50, 14 February 2008 (MST)
- They are part of the sourcebook information. It's just not listed under the tiefling's entry. They get those proficiencies by virtue of having the outsider type. If you browse through the Monster Manual, you'll find that many of "As Characters" sections in the Monster Manual are incomplete, and it seems arbitrary from creature to creature what information is missing.
- The ogre's monster entry in the MM, lists low-light vision as a special quality, but it's not listed in the "As Characters" section. They have it by virtue of having the giant type.
- You'll also notice that the ogre's "As Characters" section lists its weapon and armor proficiencies as does the hill giant's section (again granted by the giant type), but it's missing from the stone giant's section.
- The rakshasa's "As Characters" entry lists all of its natural attacks, the troll's entry is missing a claw attack, and the gargoyle's entry is missing all four natural attacks. Additionally, all three of them are missing type-granted weapon proficiencies.
- Creatures get all the traits based on (sub)type unless the entry explicitly says otherwise, such as the elans' lack of darkvision. —Sledged (talk) 09:23, 15 February 2008 (MST)