Mogwai (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Size/Type:||Tiny Outsider (Native, Shadow)||Tiny Outsider (Native, Shadow)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8 (4 hp)||6d8+6 (33 hp)|
|Initiative:||+6 (+6 Dex)||+7 (+7 Dex)|
|Speed:||30 ft||30 ft|
|Armor Class:||18 (+6 Dex, +2 size), touch 18, flat-footed 12||19 (+7 Dex, +2 size), touch 19, flat-footed 12|
|Attack:||Bite +7 (1d3-3, minimum of 1)||+1 flaming burst shortbow +13 ranged (1d3-1/x3 plus 1d6 fire and an extra 2d10 points of fire damage on a successful critical hit) or Bite +13 (1d3-2, minimum of 1)|
|Full Attack:||Bite +7 (1d3-3, minimum of 1), 2 Claws +5 (1d2-3, minimum of 1)||+1 flaming burst shortbow +13/+8 ranged (1d3-1/x3 plus 1d6 fire and an extra 2d10 points of fire damage on a successful critical hit) or Bite +13 (1d3-2, minimum of 1), 2 Claws +11 (1d2-2, minimum of 1)|
|Space/Reach:||2-½ ft/0||2-½ ft/0|
|Special Qualities:||Low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Vulnerability to Sunlight, Dark Spawn, Dark Metamorphosis||Low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Vulnerability to Sunlight, Dark Spawn, Dark Metamorphosis|
|Saves:||Fort +2, Ref +8, Will +2||Fort +5, Ref +11, Will +5|
|Abilities:||Str 4, Dex 22, Con 10, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 16||Str 6, Dex 24, Con 12, Int 20, Wis 12, Cha 16|
|Skills:||+1 Climb(Str), +10 Disable Device(Int), +6 Escape Artist(Dex), +12 Hide(Dex), +10 Listen(Wis), +8 Move Silently(Dex), +12 Open Lock(Dex), +9 Perform:Dance(Cha), +9 Perform:Sing(Cha), +6 Search(Int), +6 Spot(Wis)||+7 Climb(Str), +116 Disable Device(Int), +12 Escape Artist(Dex), +18 Hide(Dex), +16 Listen(Wis), +14 Move Silently(Dex), +18 Open Lock(Dex), +15 Perform:Dance(Cha), +15 Perform:Sing(Cha), +12 Search(Int), +12 Spot(Wis)|
|Feats:||Weapon Finesse (Bite and Claw)||Weapon Finesse (Bite and Claw)|
|Environment:||Plane of Shadow, Underground, Any Urban||Plane of Shadow, Underground, Any Urban|
|Organization:||Solitary, gang (3-12), pack (13-40), throng (41-100)||Solitary|
|Treasure:||none||+1 flaming burst shortbow|
|Alignment:||Neutral Good, or Neutral Evil for Dark Spawn||Neutral Good|
Mogwai have a body much like that of a dwarf but only standing at just over a foot tall and weigh about 1 pound. With a round ball shaped head that looks slightly too big for its body, a mogwai is a strange sight indeed. This is made all the stranger by the mogwai's two large eyes, its dog like nose and mouth, with over-sized ears like that of a bat that hang at the side of its head almost touching its shoulders. These traits make the mogwai look strangely cute or repulsive depending on the community it comes from. Mogwai have fur cover most of their bodies that range in colors similar to those of cats. Mogwai eyes are often yellow orange or green.
Magwai speak their own spicial language, Grezzen. In order to speak any other language, they must spend 2 Skill points for each addition language they wish to speak.
A Mogwai's only desire is to be happy; they have very little in terms of possessions and have no material needs.
Dark Spawn(Ex): When a mogwai gets wet from water, they produce 2d4 Dark Spawn. They are evil spawn that pop out of the mogwai's back as small balls of fur. It take 2 rounds for the Dark Spawn to take full form. Dark spawn mogwai only care about their own entertainment especially at the cost of others. Due to the mogwai's good nature, they avoid this at all coasts. However, dark spawn mogwai will use this to their advantage when they believe that it is their only hope to survive.
Dark Metamorphosis(Ex): When a mogwai eats between the hours of Midnight and 4am, then begin a metamorphosis. They form a small cocoon around themselves. They spend 16 hours in the egg, and when they emerge, they become a Gremlin.
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a mogwai is up to 6 pounds; a medium load, 7-14 pounds; and a heavy load, 15-20 pounds. They may be small but the can be helpful.
Gizmo is the strongest mogwai to ever live. And the only one to actively hunt down Gremlins.
Mogwai prefer to flee rather then fight. But if they have to fight, they bite and claw at their attackers face trying to gain an opening to flee.
Mogwai as an Improved Familiar
|Familiar||Alignment||Type/Subtype||Arcane Spellcaster Level|
|Mogwai (Dark Spawn)||Neutral Evil||Shadow||5th|
Mogwai as Characters
Mogwai make astoundingly poor characters, due to their poor strength and tiny size.
- +8 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma, -8 Strength, -4 Constitution Mogwai are physically weak, but very smart and crafty.
- Outsider (Native, Shadow)
- Tiny Size: As a tiny creature, a mogwai gains a +2 size bonus to its Armor Class, a +2 size bonus on attack rolls and a +8 bonus on hide checks, however they get a -8 to grapple checks. Their lifting and carrying limits are 1/2 of those of a medium character.
- Mogwai base land speed is 30 ft.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Low-light vision: can see twice as far as humans in low-light conditions.
- Proficient with all simple and martial weapons
- Natural Attacks: Bite 1d3 + Str modifier, Claw 1d2 + Str modifier
- Has Weapon Finesse (Bite and Claw)
- +4 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves made against attacks and effects created by constructs or traps.
- +2 racial bonus to attack and damage rolls against constructs and traps.
- +2 racial bonus to Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform:Dance, Perform:Sing, Search and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Grezzen, Common. Bonus Languages: Any
- Skill points: (8+ Int modifier, with quadruple for the first Hit Die.
- level adjustment: -1, (Improved Familiar)