Gremlin (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Size/Type:||Small Outsider (Native, Shadow)|
|Hit Dice:||2d8+2 (11 hp)|
|Initiative:||+5 (+5 Dex)|
|Armor Class:||16 (+5 Dex, +1 size), touch 15, flat-footed 11|
|Attack:||Bite +7 (1)|
|Full Attack:||Bite +7 (1d4+1), 2 Claws +5 (1d6)|
|Special Qualities:||Low-light vision, Darkvision 60ft, Light Sensitivity, Vulnerability to Sunlight, Dark Spawn, Genetic Instability|
|Saves:||Fort +4, Ref +8, Will +3|
|Abilities:||Str 8, Dex 20, Con 12, Int 18, Wis 10, Cha 16|
|Skills:||+4 Climb(Str), +11 Disable Device(Int), +6 Escape Artist(Dex), +12 Hide(Dex), +11 Listen(Wis), +8 Move Silently(Dex), +12 Open Lock(Dex), +10 Perform:Dance(Cha), +10 Perform:Sing(Cha), +7 Search(Int), +7 Spot(Wis)|
|Feats:||Weapon Finesse (Bite and Claw)|
|Environment:||Plane of Shadow, Underground, any Urban|
|Organization:||Solitary, gang (3-12), pack (13-40), throng (41-100)|
|Level Adjustment:||0, (Improved Familiar)|
Gremlin have a body much like that of a gnome but only standing at just over two feet tall and weigh about 5 pounds. With a round ball shaped head that looks slightly too big for its body, a Gremlin is a strange sight indeed. This is made all the stranger by the Gremlin's over-sized ears like that of a bat that hang at the side of its head almost touching its shoulders. These traits make the Gremlin look repulsive or strangely cute depending on the community it comes from. Gremlin have reptilian scales covering most of their bodies that range in colors from pale yellows, to dark green. Gremlin eyes are often red, yellow or green. They also have horns detailing their heads and backs.
Gremlin speak their own spicial language, Grezzen. In order to speak any other language, they must spend 2 Skill points for each addition language they wish to speak.
A Gremlin's only desire is to be happy; they have very little in terms of possessions and have no material needs.
Dark Spawn(Ex): When a Gremlin gets wet from water, they produce 2d4 Dark Spawn. They are evil spawn that pop out of the Gremlin's back as small balls of slime. It take 2 rounds for the Dark Spawn to take full form. Gremlin only care about their own entertainment especially at the cost of others. However, Gremlins will use this to their advantage when they believe that it is their only hope to survive.
Genetic Instability(Ex):Gremlins are genetically unstable, which makes them very attractive to evil wizards wanting to do experiments. When genetic material from another animal is introduced in to a gremlin, they rapidly take on some of the traits of that creature. However due to the nature of the gremlins, most altered forms do not wish others to have their new abilities. Two types are the Gremlin Spider and the Gremlin Bat.
Carrying Capacity: A light load for a Gremlin is up to 6 pounds; a medium load, 7-14 pounds; and a heavy load, 15-20 pounds.
Gremlin prefer to flee rather then fight when out numbered. But if they have to fight, they bite and claw at their attackers face trying to gain an opening to flee. when their numbers are in their favor, they prefer to torment their foes.
 Gremlin as an Improved Familiar
|Familiar||Alignment||Type/Subtype||Arcane Spellcaster Level|
 Gremlin as Characters
Gremlin make astoundingly poor characters, due to their poor strength and tiny size.
- +6 Dexterity, +4 Intelligence, +4 Charisma, -4 Strength, -2 Constitution Gremlin are physically weak, but very smart and crafty.
- Outsider (Native, Shadow)
- Small Size: As a small creature, a Gremlin gains a +1 size bonus to its Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls and a +4 bonus on hide checks, however they get a -4 to grapple checks. Their lifting and carrying limits are 3/4 of those of a medium character.
- Gremlin base land speed is 30 ft.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- Low-light vision: can see twice as far as humans in low-light conditions.
- Proficient with all simple and martial weapons
- Natural Attacks: Bite 1d4 + Str modifier, Claw 1d6 + Str modifier
- Has Weapon Finesse (Bite and Claw)
- +4 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves made against attacks and effects created by constructs or traps.
- +2 racial bonus to attack and damage rolls against constructs and traps.
- +2 racial bonus to Disable Device, Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform:Dance, Perform:Sing, Search and Spot checks.
- Automatic Languages: Grezzen, Common. Bonus Languages: Any
- Skill points: (8+ Int modifier, with quadruple for the first Hit Die.
- level adjustment: 0, (Improved Familiar)