Maraleth is a human necromancer. In battle she stays behind her undead army, using death burst whenever possible to maneuver her toughest minions into blocking positions.
Level 5 encounter, Total 875 XP
- Maraleth (Level 4 Artillery, 175 XP)
- 1 x Rimecorpse (Level 5 Brute, 200 XP)
- 2 x Blazing Skeleton (Level 5 Artillery, 200 XP each) [Monster Vault]
- 4 x Skeletal Legionary (Level 7 Minion Soldiers, 75 XP each) [Monster Vault]
- Maraleth's Dias - occupies 2 x 2 squares. Attacks made from the dias with the necrotic keyword gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls. A character stood adjacent to the dias can nullify this effect until the end of their next turn with a successful Arcana check. The DC is 22 if a minor action is used, or 15 with a standard action.
- Profane Aura - The dias has an aura 2. A creature that spends a healing surge in the aura only recovers half the normal number of hit points. Two successful Religion checks (one per turn) will exorcise the aura. The DC is 22 if a character uses a minor action, and 15 with a standard action. If the character holds a holy symbol in one hand, they gain a +2 bonus to the check.
- Bone piles - 8 scattered squares, difficult terrain.