Iceborn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Most iceborn are analytical, calculating and patient. They may seem slow to act, simply because they coldly judge any course of action before following through. They often make the mistake of being prejudiced toward others as a means to shorten decision making time. When given the opportunity, these prejudices melt away toward a fair judgement of another's character.
Iceborn are tall and stout, standing around 6 feet tall and weighing roughly 200 pounds, with females a bit smaller than males. Their skin is pale and may be toned toward light blue or gray tones. Their straight hair is typically either white or light blue. Their eyes are an icy blue and they often squint as a habit from being in snowy areas.
Iceborn men are barrel-chested and often sport long beards with age. Iceborn women wear typically wear their hair long, choosing to braid it or pull it back in some fashion. Clothes are typically furs, hides and leathers, with white animal furs being the outermost layer for blending in with their snowy environment. They often wear metal that would otherwise chill a wearer in their environs without worry. Despite the chills of their homelands, they might often appear startlingly underdressed, wearing things that might be considered viable only in a hot tropical clime.
It is not uncommon to see iceborn children running around their villages dressed only in light rags, playing in a blizzard.
Iceborn occasionally establish trade with other races, but typically keep to themselves. They find less-intelligent races grating and irritating to deal with (or rely upon) in the long term. Prejudice against fireborn is common (and accepted), and even when fireborn are given the chance to prove themselves, iceborn still often dislike them for various other reasons.
Iceborn have a slight lawful bend and are generally Lawful Neutral.
Iceborn live in icy polar regions or lofty mountains. Occasionally, they settle in with humans in these areas.
Iceborn speak Auran and Common, and try to learn other elemental languages as well.
Iceborn are often given human names, though, if a name holds a special meaning, it is often translated into Auran. Names pertaining to cold, snow, ice, winter, blizzards and frost are typical.
- +2 Intelligence, −2 Charisma: Sharp minded and analytical, but lacking in force of personality.
- Humanoid (Cold)
- Iceborn base land speed is 30 feet.
- Immunity to Cold (Ex): He suffers no harm from being in a cold environment or from cold damage.
- Vulnerability to Fire (Ex): He takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from fire, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
- Freezing Hands (Sp): A 15 foot cone of frigid air shoots from his fingertips. Any creature in the area takes 1d4 points of cold damage per iceborn character level (maximum 15d4). Usable 1/day. Gains an additional use at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th and 15th levels. Save DC is Intelligence-based. Reflex save for half damage. Ability is otherwise like burning hands.
- Cold Affinity: He casts cold spells at +1 caster level and fire spells at −1 caster level (minimum 1).
- Automatic Languages: Auran, Common. Bonus Languages: Aquan, Terran, Ignan, Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal.
- Favored Class: Wizard.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||150 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||125 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|