Fireborn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Fireborn are beings of wild emotions and mood swings. They are confident in their own abilities, sometimes to the point of being cocky. Fireborn often treat less confident creatures with contempt, for a fireborn known to adventure with a "coward" would be mocked and treated as an outcast.
Often, they can be found laughing or smiling, joining in revelry easily. Though, their tempers flare quickly with arguments and frustrations, which often results in unnecessary violence or harsh words.
Living in the zeal of the moment, they fail to reflect much on their lives.
Fireborn stand around 6 feet tall and weigh about 180 pounds, with the males being just a bit taller and heavier than females. They have charcoal black skin that's hot, but not burning, to the touch. Wavy orange or red hair tops their heads and is commonly worn long and wild, dancing in the lightest of breezes. Their eyes shimmer like glowing embers, bright white in the center, ringed by oranges, yellows and reds and fading to black at the edges. Their teeth and nails are a dark gray. They also have a faint smell of ash to them, but the odor is slight enough to avoid being offensive.
Their clothes are often minimal when in their own lands. They typically wear tough materials that withstand their heat, such as leather and gossamer. Fashion tends toward utilitarianism with a touch of showy form, color and design.
Fireborn typically treat individuals with respect unless the individual proves unworthy of respect. They admire qualities like, confidence, strength and pro-activeness. They strongly dislike iceborn, finding them to be chilly stuck up killjoys.
Among the common races, fireborn get along moderately well with dwarves, since a dwarf without confidence would be quite hard to find. Humans get along with fireborn as well. Elves often irritate fireborn because of their slow, aged temperament.
Fireborn live in hot deserts, volcanic areas or even on the Elemental Plane of Fire. Their towns and villages are often small and tightly packed. Though, in some places, they live among humans or other races of fire.
Fireborn speak Ignan and Common, and often learn other elemental languages as well.
They are also known as Firefolk, Cinderkin, and Chauvren.
Fireborn often take human names. Translated from Ignan, they also take names pertaining to burning, fire, heat, smoke or ash.
- −2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma: Fireborn have a strong force of personality, but lack common sense.
- Humanoid (Fire)
- Fireborn base land speed is 30 feet.
- A creature with the fire subtype has immunity to fire. It has vulnerability to cold, which means it takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
- Immunity to Fire (Ex): He suffers no harm from being in a hot environment or from fire damage.
- Vulnerability to Cold (Ex): He takes half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from cold, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
- burning hands: 1/day. A 15 foot cone of searing flame shoots from his fingertips. Any creature in the area of the flames takes 1d4 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 5d4). Creatures in the area are allowed Reflex saves for half-damage. Flammable materials burn if the flames touch them. A character can extinguish burning items as a full-round action. Caster level equal to character level. He gains an additional use at 3rd, 6th, 9th, 12th and 15th levels. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Fire Affinity: He casts fire spells at +1 caster level and cold spells at −1 caster level (minimum 1).
- Automatic Languages: Ignan, Common, Infernal, Abyssal.
- Bonus Languages: Terran, Auran, Aquan, Celestial.
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Level Adjustment: +1
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 2"||+2d10||120 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 10"||+2d10||105 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|