Hanyo (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Usually loathed by both parents, a hanyo tend to be cold and distrustful, combining the yokai's fury with the humans cleverness. Many are outcasts, trusting nobody except themselves and live their lives in eternal loneliness while others, though rare, are cherished by their parents and grow up naive. Hanyo, with their inhuman life span, tend to have a long memory, never forgetting their enemies or their allies, especially if they consider someone to be both. Much like their human kin, they run the gauntlet in personalty and may take the ideals of honor to heart, though not many holding their breaths.
 Physical Description
The appearance of a hanyo may vary from one to another, but in general they share the traits of both parent races with the yokai parent being considered the dominant. If the yokai was large then the hanyo is most likely to be large. If the yokai parent was small then the hanyo is most likely to be small. If the yokai had a specific eye, hair, skin color the hanyo will most likely to have the same color of eyes, hair or skin. If the yokai had horns, wings and/or a tail, then their is a chance that the hanyo would too. Obviously in the eyes of any human, they would only see the yokai in the hanyo while a yokai would see the less obvious, definative human in the hanyo, usually any features not originating from the yokai parent.
Hanyo are rarely born from an act of passion and tend to be hated by both humans and yokai. These hanyo trust little of other parents' race, but trust other hanyo less than anyone else.
Due to the tragic nature of their upbringing, hanyo have little respect of law or tradition and live upon whim. A hanyo may be either good or evil, but many have tenancies to be neutral for they feel both sides have betrayed them.
Where ever there are humans, it is almost guaranteed that there is at least 1 hanyo. Many have no permanent residence and thus resort roaming the lands in search of a place they may call home.
Being part spirit themselves, many hanyo share feelings of kinship with spirits, but often refuse to worship them for they feel that the kami aren't worth their respect.
Hanyo learn to speak both Oreisan common and Kamikobota and may speak any number of Oreisan dialects.
Many Hanyo lack names, due mostly to their parents considering them unworthy of one, meaning they are often left to name themselves. If they chose their own name, it usually tied to something they hold important, such as honor or revenge, strength or wisdom and often lack any complex or poetic meaning as such names of their parent races. They tend to have a clan name, mostly due to the fact they are alone in the world, and find no offense in referring to others by their given name or a demeaning title, depending on their personality.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength −2 Charisma.: Hanyo are strong, but hated by many.
- Humanoid (Yokai)
- Medium: As medium creatures, hanyo receive no bonuses or penalties due to size.
- Hanyo base land speed is 30ft.
- Low-Light Vision: A hanyo can see twice as far as a human in moonlight, starlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. They retain the ability to discern color and detail under these conditions.
- Yokai Blood: For all effects related to race, a hanyo is considered an yokai.
- -2 Racial Penalty on Diplomacy and Gather Information checks made to humans or yokai while their mix-blood lineage is obvious.
- +2 Racial Bonus of disguise and bluff checks to act and look like either a human or yokai.
- +2 Racial Bonus of intimidate checks.
- Uncontrollable Rage (Ex): When a hanyo suffers great hardship that would arouse anger, they must make a Will Save of 15 or higher or else loose themselves to their anger, attacking everyone and anyone before them no matter if they are friend or foe.
- Sharp Nails (EX): When performing an unarmed strike with either hand, they can treat the attack as a claw attack, dealing damage equal to the damage from an unarmed strike made by a creature 1 size category smaller than them. The hanyo takes no penalty for making the damage lethal.
- Automatic Languages: Oreisan Common, Kamikotoba. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret langauges).
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||100 years||140 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+4d10||50 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 0"||+4d10||50 lb.||× (4d4) lb.|