Grunts [Unggoy]
See This Page for background information.
 Racial Traits
- Monstrous Humanoid: Grunts are unaffected by effects that target humanoid creatures, such as charm person.
- Small Size: Grunts receive a +1 to attack rolls and AC due to their small size and agility.
- Group Morale (Ex): When a Grunt is within 10 feet of his allies, he gains a +1 to all attack rolls. When a person in a Grunt's party is reduced to 0 hit points, he takes a -2 to all attack rolls until the person is restored to at least 1 hit point.
- Cowardly (Ex): Grunts suffer a -2 penalty to saves against fear effects. When a Grunt senses that he is within 10 feet of a person who he consciously identifies as an enemy, he must make a Will Save (DC=10+enemy's intimidate, bluff, or Charisma modifier, whichever is higher) or flee in the most direct route away from all enemies for 1 round. Multiple enemies within a 10 foot radius of the Grunt require multiple saves.
- Grunts are immediately proficient with shortbows (including composite shortbows) and longbows (including composite longbows) due to the training they receive in their homeland before even becoming soldiers. They are treated as one size category larger for the purposes of wielding ranged weapons.
- Grunts receive a +2 to Knowledge (Religion) checks because of their devotion to religion (not just their own. A Grunt who is convinced to follow another religion follows that one with just as much passion).
- Grunts receive a +2 to Hide checks due to their small size and inborn ability to slip away from the focus of attention.
 Vital Statistics
Table: Random Starting Ages
| 10 years
Table: Aging Effects
| Middle Age1
|| Maximum Age
| 25 years
|| 40 years
|| 55 years
|| +2D12 years
Table: Random Height and Weight
|| Base Height
|| Height Modifier
|| Base Weight
|| Weight Modifier
|| 4' 5"
|| 80 lb.
|| × (2D4) lb.
|| 4' 3"
|| 75 lb.
|| × (2D4) lb.
Back to Main Page → D20 Modern → Races.
Back to Main Page → D20 Modern → Campaign Settings → Halo → Races.