Dragona (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Dragona, 1st-level Ranger|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+1 (5 hp)|
|Speed:||40 ft. (8 squares)|
|Armor Class:||17 (+2 leather armor, +2 Dex, +1 size, +2 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15|
|Attack:||Sting +4 melee (1d6) or shortbow +4 ranged (1d6/x3)|
|Full Attack:||Sting +4 melee (1d6) or shortbow +4 ranged (1d6/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||Favored enemy (orcs), wild empathy|
|Special Qualities:||Low-light vision, slight build|
|Saves:||Fort +3 (+2 against poison), Ref +4, Will +0|
|Abilities:||Str 10, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 8|
|Skills:||Hide +10, Listen +4, Move Silently +6, Spot +4|
|Feats:||Weapon Finesse, Track|
|Organization:||Solitary, pair, or hunting party (1-6)|
|Alignment:||Usually chaotic neutral|
|Advancement:||By character class|
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
This humanoid has dark skin and a shaven head, except for a shock of green hair behind one of its pointed ears. A necklace of animal fangs hangs around his neck, almost lost amid a number of bright tribal tattooes. It raises a shortbow as you approach, a scorpion-like tail arching over its head.
Dragona are humanoids distantly related to dragons. Though usually friendly toward others, some clans are known to be fiercely defensive of what territory they have. A dragona stands around 5 feet tall, with a tail much longer that ends in a vicious barb, and usually weighs less than 150 pounds. A typical dragona speaks a mix of Common and Draconic.
If pressed to fight, a dragona will always use the environment to his advantage in battle. If alone, he will usually attack from a distance until he is out of ammo before dropping his shortbow and engaging in melee. A group of dragona will pass their arrows to the most skilled ranged fighters, who harass the enemy from afar while the rest engage in combat.
Favored Enemy (Ex): This dragona is a hunter of orcs. He gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks when using these skills against orcs. He also gains a +2 bonus on weapon damage rolls against them.
Wild Empathy (Ex): This dragona can improve the attitude of an animal. This ability functions just like a Diplomacy check to improve the attitude of a person. The dragona rolls 1d20 and adds his ranger level and his Charisma modifier to determine the wild empathy check result. The typical domestic animal has a starting attitude of indifferent, while wild animals are usually unfriendly.
To use wild empathy, the dragona and the animal must be able to study each other, which means that they must be within 30 feet of one another under normal visibility conditions. Generally, influencing an animal in this way takes 1 minute, but, as with influencing people, it might take more or less time.
The dragona can also use this ability to influence a magical beast with an Intelligence score of 1 or 2, but he takes a -4 penalty on the check.
See also: Dragona
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, −2 Strength, −2 Intelligence: Dragona are tough, but sacrifice power for agility and aren't terribly bright.
- Humanoid (Dragonblood): Dragona are distantly related to dragons.
- Low-light vision.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, dragona have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Slight Build: The physical stature of dragona lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category smaller. Whenever a dragona is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as Hide), the dragona is treated as one size smaller if doing so is advantageous to the character. A dragona is also considered to be one size smaller when "squeezing" through a restrictive space. A dragona can use weapons designed for a creature one size smaller without penalty. However, the space and reach of a dragona remain those of a creature of their actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject's size category.
- Dragona base land speed is 40 feet.
- The scaly growths on a dragona's skin provide it with a +2 natural armor bonus.
- A dragona's tail provides it with a +4 racial bonus on Balance checks.
- A dragona's tail ends in a vicious barb, providing a natural sting attack that deals 1d6 points of damage.
- A dragona gains a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Draconic. Bonus Languages: Elven, Giant, Gnoll, Orc, Sylvan, and Terran.
- Favored Class: Ranger.
- Level Adjustment: +1