Discussion:Adding Image to Article
From D&D Wiki
Need help with picture.
How can I put the picture into the race page? I'm kind of new to this whole wiki thing... :/
Also, any comments on the race itself would be welcome, I'm not sure how balanced it is.
- It looks like you've figured it out! You should update your image's license on Elfwood - apparently CC Sampling 1.0 is "retired". Marasmusine 01:34, 28 April 2012 (MDT)
10:19, 20 September 2009 (MDT)
It is a simple process once you figure it out. I'll step you through the process, as follows:
- Click on the Upload File button near the bottom of all the navigation links on the left
- This will take you to our mediawiki side of the site - where you will need to most likely log in (use the same username/password as here to get in)
- Once logged in, just click on Upload File again.
- This will take you to a page like many websites have that has a "browse" option so you can search your computer to find the picture that you wish to upload
- If you want to change the name that it will save under here on the wiki, then you can alter that in the "Destination Filename" option (if you don't change it, it'll upload under whatever name you have it saved under on your computer)
- Click Upload - depending on size may take a moment
- Now, go to the article page here on the wiki that you wish to add the image too, and put the following code in [[Image:PICTURENAMEHERE.JPG]]. There are many variants to this code that allow you to alter the size, position, rollover text, subtext, border, and the like.
- so how do you change the size of the image? i got the image uploading and stuff, but i need help with sizing it.
Green Dragon 16:34, 20 September 2009 (MDT)
Watch out for licensing though. You should know your image best; it is your responsibility.