Darklings (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Darklings are a mysterious race of dark-skinned humanoids who are mistrusted by most other races, even humans, whom they are a subrace of.
Darklings are secretive and sly, rarely confiding in anybody, even their own family and friends. They are also incredibly stealthy, and can hide in almost any environment.
Darklings stand at about 2 1/2 feet in height, with males and females being around the same weight (about 10 lb). Their skin and hair is pitch black in shade, and their eyes are black as well, although they still have whites. Other then their odd coloration, they look like humans.
Darklings are mistrusted by most, but changelings enjoy matching wits against the darklings, and elves are fairly comfortable around them as well. Trolls and dwarves especially are distrustful of the sly darklings.
Most darklings are neutral in alignment, but some, embittered at their undeserved, hated reputation, turn to evil.
Darklings dwell mostly in Albion Proper and Jacinth, and mostly in the cities.
Darklings are not a very faithful bunch. The few who do worship a deity generally choose Nerune, Lord of Shadows.
Darklings speak Albionian and Jacinthian. They also speak a pidgin language called The Cant.
- +2 dexterity, -2 charisma. Darklings are quick, but are universally hated.
- Humanoid (Human).
- Darkling base land speed is 30 ft.
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Light Blindness: Abrupt exposure to bright light (such as sunlight or a daylight spell) blinds a darkling for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
- +2 racial bonus on bluff, listen, and spot checks.
- +4 racial bonus on move silently and hide checks.
- Hide in Shadows (su): as long as they is within some sort of shadow, a darkling can hide itself from view in the open without having anything to actually hide behind. They cannot, however, hide in their own shadow.
- bonus feat at first level.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Darkling. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages).
- Favored Class: rogue.