Trolls, Albion (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Trolls are a powerful and brutal race that dwells in the far-off icy land of Utgard. They are a close cousin of the Gnomes,and [[Dwarves, and can sometimes be found sharing homes with them.
Trolls dwell in a tribal, patriarchal society, where the strongest male is the leader. They are also aggressive and strong-willed, which gives them a rather blunt and to the point mindset. They respect strength and cunning above all else.
Trolls stand between seven and eight feet in height, and have an extremely large and powerful build. Their skin tone ranges from tan to gray to brown, and their hair (which is usually worn in long, complex braids by both sexes) is usually white, light gray, or, in some rare cases, black. The have long canine teeth and a heavy under bite.
Trolls get along well with humans, dwarves, and gnomes. They mistrust elves for their capricious ways and changelings for their deceitful nature. Other races have to prove either their bravery, strength, or both before earning a troll's respect.
Most trolls are neutral.
Trolls live in the icy realm of Utgard, although they are also found in Albion Proper.
Trolls revere Macha, a war deity who is also worshiped by the dwarves, and Ramar, a god of the sea and revenge.
Trolls speak Utish, and most learn Albionian as well.
- +6 strength, +6 constitution, -2 dexterity, -2 charisma. Trolls are amazingly strong and tough, but their larger build makes them clumsier.
- Humanoid (Troll).
- Troll base land speed is 40 ft.
- Darkvision 60 ft.
- +5 Natural Armor bonus.
- Fast healing 3.
- Powerful Build (ex): the greater physical stature of troll lets them function in many ways as if they were one size category larger. Whenever a troll is subject to a size modifier or special size modifier for an opposed check (such as during grapple checks, bull rush attempts, and trip attempts), the troll is treated as one size larger if doing so is advantageous to him. A troll is also considered to be one size larger when determining whether a creature’s special attacks based on size (such as improved grab or swallow whole) can affect him. A troll can use weapons designed for a creature one size larger without penalty. However, his space and reach remain those of a creature of his actual size. The benefits of this racial trait stack with the effects of powers, abilities, and spells that change the subject’s size category. Special: a troll's size requires that their armor be made to fit someone of their stature, costing and weighing half again as much as armor for other medium creatures, and their build gives them a -4 size penalty on hide checks.
- Automatic weapon proficiency with the greatsword and greataxe
- +4 racial bonus on climb, jump and swim checks.
- Automatic Languages: Utish. Bonus Languages: Albionian, Jacinthian, Dwergar, Haraelan.
- Favored Class: barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +3