Catkin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Catkin are humanoid cats, small of stature, and covered with fur. They most closely resemble domestic cats. They share the personality traits of domestic cats. They are prideful, vain, clever, moody, obvious, obsequious, unfathomable, and aloof.
Catkin make excellent bards (especially fiddlers), rogues, swashbucklers, and sorcerers. They frequently become rangers, scouts, monks, and wizards. They rarely become paladins, fighters, clerics, and druids.
 Physical Description
Catkin appear as bipedal felines of small stature. They vary in color, color pattern, and hair length.
Catkin get along with with most other races, although they often wear out this welcome. Humans and elves find their chutzpah amusing. Halflings and gnomes feel that they make good friends. Dwarves grumble about them, but keep inviting them over anyway. Half-Orcs like their physicality, and often adopt them as their furry little friends.
Catkin can be any alignment, although the majority of them tend towards chaotic.
Catkin are a minority race in every land that they live in. They live in almost every region. Those in hot regions have short hair. Those in cold regions have long coats. Those in temperate regions have moderate coats.
Catkin adopt the religion of whatever region that they live. They normally worship the god who watches over cats (Bast).
Most catkin have descriptive names, such as: Boots, Hunter, Demon, Growler.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom, -2 Strength
- Humanoid (Feline)
- Small: As a Small creature, a catkin gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Catkin base land speed is 20 feet.
- Burst of Speed (Ex): Catkin may put on short bursts of speed. Once every ten minutes, they may increase their base land movement speed to 40 feet for one round if they are lightly or unencumbered.
- Feline Empathy (Ex): Catkin can speak with any feline animal (cats, leopards, tigers, or the like), as though using an always active speak with animals spell.
- Catkin ignore the first 10 feet of falling damage.
- Catkin have small, retractable claws. Claws: 1d3 damage, x2.
- Racial Bonuses: +2 Balance, Climb, Escape Artist
- Improved Squeeze: When squeezing through an area that is one size smaller than the catkin, the catkin suffers no movement penalties. This only applies if the catkin is lightly encumbered, is in medium or lighter armor, and is carrying no large, inflexible objects (such a shields, polearms, etc.)
- Cat: Catkin are felines. Any spell or effect which specifically works with/on felines also affect catkin.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any. In addition, a catkin can speak with any feline animal using its feline empathy ability.
- Low-light vision.
- Catkin may acquire these feats:
- Favored class: Lorechaser. A multiclassed catkin lorechaser does not count the lorechaser class when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
 Related Feats
|Fangs of the Feline||Feline Race||You gain a secondary bite attack.|
|Cat Snatch||Bite attack, Feline Race||You may start a grapple as a free action with bite attack.|
|Improved Natural Attack||Natural weapon, base attack bonus +4.||Your natural weapons increase in damage.|
|Multiattack||Three or more natural attacks.||You reduce the penalties of using multiple natural attacks.|
|Pouncing Kitty||Feline Race||You may make a full attack after a charge.|