Talk:Catkin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Is the Catkin's speak with animals a spell-like ability like a gnome's speak with animals, an exceptional ability like a lycanthrope's lycanthropic empathy, or a supernatural ability like an angle/archon's tongues ability?
It says how often a catkin may make a "burst of speed", but how long does it last? I'm guessing one round. —Sledged 19:59, 1 December 2006 (MST)
- Updated a few things. Any ability should be (Ex), so I added that in. Clarified the cat's burst of speed to one round. --Dmilewski 20:18, 2 December 2006 (MST)
- Does the ability to speak with cats only extend to those with the animal type, or can they speak with feline magical beasts like displacer beasts and cat familiars? —Sledged 11:56, 7 December 2006 (MST)
- Burst of speed: does it only apply to the catkin's base land speed, or does it apply to other modes of movement the catkin my gain (e.g. 9th-level dragon disciple or fly spell)? What if the catkin's base speed is already 40 ft. or more (e.g. a monk's fast movement)? —Sledged 12:54, 7 December 2006 (MST)
- Catkin can only talk to the animal type. Presumably, there is something in the nature of a magical beast which alters it.
- If the magical beast can talk to cats, then it could certainly talk to the catkin (which is a cat/feline). A cat familiar starts talking to a catkin at level 7 as the familiar can talk to felines.
- The burst of speed should not stack and work with anything based on land speed. --Dmilewski 13:10, 7 December 2006 (MST)
- Wouldn't having a cats retractable claws make fine manipulation difficult? --Karmiva 15:02, 10 June 2009 (EST)
Thanks for being so in depth-it served as a model for me. Palantini 00:37, 20 May 2008 (MDT)