Cactii (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Cactii are a race of magically animated, intelligent cacti. They tend to congregate in desert areas, and so have little contact with other races, except other desert-dwelling races.
Cactii are around 6' 0", with prickly skin ranging from hues of lime green to corn husk brown. Males are have a slight muscular build, though some males are under- or over-weight. Females have a flower atop their heads where petals grow down from, forming "hair". Cactii are humanoid in shape.
Cactii get along fine with any desert-dwelling race. Apart from those, cactii are good friends with the elves of Taresi, due to their arboreal nature. They also get along well with Taresi Trolls. Other than that, cactii enjoy all the other races on Taresi.
Cactii can be any alignment, but most tend to be either neutral or neutral on the lawful-chaotic axis. There are very few evil cactii, but they still exist.
Cactii occupy the desert country of Arizej, which they share with the sphinxes and other desert dwellers.
Cactii can follow different faiths, but all cactii put high regard to Saguara, the cactii creator-goddess.
Cactii speak their own language, Needletongue, as well as Common and other languages. Cactii can communicate, albeit crudely, with all other plant creatures using a simple language and body gestures to convey simple meaning.
Cactii have a personal name, a family name, and a cactii name, which is a common human name added to the word "cactus". An example name is Christina Spineflower Cactina.
- −2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Cactii are durable creatures of the desert, but are not very nimble.
- Plant: As plants, cactii breathe and eat, but do not sleep.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, cactii have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Cactii base land speed is 30 feet.
- +4 racial bonus to Hide checks in desert regions.
- Immunity to poison and sleep effects.
- +2 racial bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Vulnerability to Fire: Cactii take half again as much (+50%) damage as normal from fire damage, regardless of whether a saving throw is allowed, or if the save is a success or failure.
- A cactii has a natural weapon in the form on a slam attack that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage.
- Light Fortification (Ex): When a critical hit or sneak attack is scored on a cactii, there is a 25% chance that the critical hit or sneak attack is negated and the damage is instead rolled normally.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Needletongue and a simple language that enables them to communicate on a very basic level with desert plants and plant creatures. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Any.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||250 years||450 years||+5d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d8||135 lb.||× 1 lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+2d4||120 lb.||× 1 lb.|