Ancients (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
The Ancients, their true name being the Alterans, are very similar to humans. In fact, they are the ancestors of Mankind. Once a mighty star-faring race, they are the builders of the Astra Portia, otherwise better known as the "Stargates". While the vast majority of the Ancients "ascended" to a higher plane of existence, some wandered the stars in a ship, which crash-landed on a remote world. Cut off from most of their technology and forever exiled, they settled here, becoming the last remnants of a once proud race.
The Ancients are a humanoid race resemblinghumans, due to being the first stage of human evolution. The average height of an Ancient is similar to a human, being between 4’10” and 5’8” ft tall for males and between 4’05” and 4’10” ft tall for females, and weigh between 120 and 180 lbs for males and between 85 and 120 lbs for females. The main difference is their incredible affinity for psionics, particularly the Psion class, while their exceptional memory makes them ideal arcanists as well, particularly in the arts of the Wizard. Unfortunately, their evil, more religious cousins, the Ori, have also followed them, they preferring either the Cleric or Psion classes, though both sides also prefer the martial classes. Their lifespan is similar to a human's, albeit 50 years longer, and their brain capacity is five times larger than a human's, meaning that, as mentioned before, they make ideal mages. But whether Alteran or Ori, they are a highly advanced race, making them dangerous and intriguing in war or peace.
Ancients tend to get along well with humans, due to the above similarities. If the two races share a settlement, then the Ancients will be treated as (or mistaken for) regular people and not some frightening, alien species. They tend to isolate themselves from others, however, though they tend to live near human settlements.
Bangaa respect dwarves for their strength and work-ethic, and elves for their creativity and free-spiritedness, but tend to prefer the company of the latter. Ancients have an obvious animosity towards their cousins, the fanatical Ori, due to nearly being destroyed by them in a previous war with them. They also treat the enigmatic and violent Wraith race with open scorn, having also been nearly wiped out in a war with them. As such, it seams like the Ancients were followed to this world.
Ancients can be of any alignment, although they lean towards certain alignments depending on subtype. The Alterans (base player race) tend to lean towards either Lawful Neutral, Neutral Good, or even Lawful Good, though are usually Neutral, while the Ori (the creature subtype) are often either Neutral Evil (Second most common), Lawful Neutral (least common), or Lawful Evil (Most common).
Bangaa typically share their lands with humans, but if they live in a distinct society, they tend to live in temperate environments.
Ancients tend to not worship gods of any kind, being scientists by nature. Yet those who do worship tend to revere Saint Cuthbert, God of Retribution. The Ori, on the other hand, believe that they are gods, or once did, and now revere either St. Cuthbert or
Bangaa speak Common and can understand Draconic. They rarely use their natural language of Hssiss, unless they live in communities comprised solely of Bangaa. Hssiss uses the Draconic alphabet.
Ba'Gamnan, Pallanza, Migelo, Gijuk, Bwagi, Horasp, Venzo, Marduk, Alsiter, Draxnalg, Neksu
Rinok, Euka, Gorgis, Dras, Ragu, Matok, Ultraz, Libris, Exan
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, -2 Charisma: Bangaa are strong and hardy creatures, but they can be considered lacking in innate magical ability.
- Humanoid (Reptilian):
- Medium: Bangaa gain no size-related bonuses
- Bangaa base land speed is 30 ft:
- Racial Skills: Jump +8, Balance +6, Listen +4, Tumble +2: because of their tails, Bangaa have a +6 racial bonus to jump and balance checks. Also, their strong legs add another +2 to jump checks. The tail also adds +2 to Tumble checks. The multiple ears add +4 to Listen checks.
- Racial Hit Dice: Bangaa generally have two upbringings: Athletic and Ascetic. Both start off with three levels of Bangaa hit die, but the differences in upbringing force some changes between the two.
- Athletic Bangaa have 3d10 HD, good Fort saves, and all the rough-and-tumble with their peers during their upbringing gives them +3 BAB. They have 4 + Int skill points, and have as their racial skills Balance, Climb, Jump, Listen, Survival, Swim, Tumble.
- Ascetic Bangaa have 3d6 HD, good Will Saves, and they didn't get into many schoolyard fights as children, so they have +1 BAB. They have 4 + Int skills, and their skills are Concentration, Decipher Script, Jump, Knowledge (Any), Listen, Speak Language, Spellcraft, and Swim. They also lose one of their physical ability score bonuses, take a -2 penalty to Dexterity, and lose the mental ability score penalties, slight though they are. In addition, they gain three caster levels in their first spellcasting class, but do not gain class features of that class.
- +3 natural armor bonusBangaa hides are naturally tough.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Hssiss. Bonus Languages: any, apart from secret, or class-specific, languages.
- Favored Class: Monk, fighter
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||115 years||150 years||+10d8 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 4"||+1d12||148 lb.||× (8) lb.|
|Female||5' 3"||+1d10||135 lb.||× (8) lb.|