Zephyri (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
An average Zephyrus is extremely energetic. They are not serious by nature and like a good joke. They like playing pranks on passing strangers, but few are genuinely malicious. A Zephyrus is quite light-hearted, and hates people being too serious.
Zephyri are quite slim compared to humans. They weigh on average between 100 and 150 pounds, despite being at-least 6' tall. Zephyri are very strong and fast, but their lithe build makes them bad at taking hits. Their main flaw is that, being so energetic, they find it hard to concentrate, leading to a low wisdom. Zephyri skin is a pale green colour, with a cream tint. Their hair is usually straight and green, varying from deep to light shades. Zephyrian clothing generally consist of a green or brown jerkin and trousers, or a dress. These clothes often have gold embroidery if they are fancy, or for more senior Zephyri.
Zephyri live apart from other races, and are ambivilent to most. They do however have a slight prejudice towards humans, who they feel are too loud, smelly, and have no respect for nature.
Generally Chaotic Neutral, but sometimes Chaotic Good or True Neutral.
Zephyri feel most at home in trees and mountains. They sometimes live in plains or jungles.
They pay homage to the Great Spirit of Life, who recycles Zephyri after their death, allowing them to live infinite lives.
Automatic Languages: Common, Elven Bonus Languages: choice of one other
When a Zephyrus is created, it's 'first' name has two parts. The first is the weather at the time of creation, and the second, any term associated with fighting. For example: Storm-Slash, Lightning-Blade, Cloud-Charge, Blue-Sky-Shuriken, Fog-Spell.
When the Zephyrus reaches Adulthood at the age of 15, any distinguishing physical or mental feature is added as an additional name. For Example: Grass-Chewer, Worry-Wort, Poetry-Lover, Nine-Finger, Long-Ear
If the Zephyrus completes any provable great achievement, is added as an additional name. For Example: Bear-Killer, Treasure-Hunter, Hawk-Tamer, Evil-Banisher, Sword-Master
Zephyri see names as marks of achievement and collecting as many names as possible is a task some Zephyri work at their entire lives. In tradition, the more names a Zephyrus has the higher his rank. A Zephyrus with the most names out of his village is usually the leader of the tribe.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Strength, −2 Wisdom.
- Medium: As Medium creatures Zephyri have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Zephiri base land speed is 40 feet
- Weapon Proficiency: Zephyri can choose to receive the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for the Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Katana (Homebrew), or Scimitar as a bonus feat.(Choose one) If one is not chosen it may pick proficiency in any close combat item.
- +2 Racial bonus to Tumble, Climb and Jump
- Swordsmanship: A Zephyrus can hold a Longsword, Rapier, Shortsword, Katana (Homebrew), or Scimitar in each hand without the normal Two Weapon Fighting Penalty applying. He/She can make one basic melee attack with each weapon with no extra penalties. Improved and Greater Two Weapon Fighting Feats still incur a penalty, however, they are -2 and -4 respectively, as opposed to the normal -5 and -10.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Elemental.
- Favored Class: Fighter or Ranger. A multiclass Zephyri Fighter of Ranger class does not count when determining whether he/she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|1000 years||5000 years||10000 years||1000004|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+2d6||50 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Female||6' 0"||+1d6||40 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|