Yukou (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Yukou (pronounced Yuu `KHO) are a simple reptilian race. They live in villages with a few wooden constructions, which implies that they are technologically undeveloped. Their social structure, however is developed and organized, as they live together in organized settlements, have meetings, work together, and even create floor plans. One notable fact of a few is that Yukou are generally quite intelligent from a young age, many being able to defend themselves while still toddlers. In regards to food, Yukou have the distinct ability to digest anything. And though they can eat anything, Yukou enjoy tropical fruits the most, especially melons. On the whole, they perfer fruits over veggies, veggies over grains, and grains over meats. They also have great skill in ignoring the spicy aspect of certain foods, drinks, and so forth.
Yukou look to be a unique blend of reptilian and amphibian. With near-microscopic scales, bold yet kind slitted-eyes, a smooth and powerful tail, and the generic anatomy to lay eggs, who would argue otherwise. In a strange addition to their description, Yukou have hair. This hair is very similiar to human hair and often comes in a variety of non-human shades of the rainbow. At the full grown twelve years of age, Yukou reach heights of 5 1/2' to nearly 8' tall, and average weights between 110 pounds and 254 pounds. While greens are considered the standard scale colors for a Yukou, each brethren appear in different colors, including blues, reds, yellows, oranges and, more rarely, blacks and whites. And though every one has a different scale color, they also have a section of white scales leading down from their bottom lip to the tip of their tail. Lastly, Yukou are reptilian, but they do not suffer from a mating season like other reptilians do.
Almost everyone, even the some of the evil races, find Yukou to very peaceable. As half-Elves are mediators to most warm-bloods, Yukou are the cold-blooded equivalant. Though Yukou seem to have no enmity with any race, they do share a similiar hatred for fiends and demons just as many others do.
Yukou know right from wrong (Lawful), but follow which ever decision seems right to them (Chaotic). However, since almost all Yukou wish to remain status quo with everyone, they are neither Good nor Evil.
Yukou inhabit few areas of the world, ranging from the remote Kingdom Islands to the Isle Yuke-Yuke. Occasionally, a single household of Yukou can exist in a Common-speaking town.
Yukou have no religion. They do, however, hold high respect for a deity named Yoshi, a hermaphrodite Yukou. And though hermaphrodites are more common in this reptilian race than any other, they are no more different than a male or female Yukou in regards to life expectancy, fertility, social status, or profession.
Being cold-blooded and living amongst other cold-bloods, Yukou speak the Reptilian language. Since Yukou get along with nearly every race, they travel a lot through Common-speaking cities, and sometimes they are able to learn a spot or two of Common. Yukou that wish to become more knowledgable (or pick up spellcasting) tend to learn the Draconic language. Lastly, Yukou clerics and sages can learn a royal language that has been passed down by their ancestors -- High Draconic. Normally, High Draconic can only be taught by a true dragon, but an elder Yukou that is willing to teach the language may pass this knowledge down as well as any other true dragon.
Yukou have a first name, a last name, and a clan name. The first name starts with the letter "Y" and is chosen at hatching by the mother or father. The last name is chosen by the Yukou; this is usually something the Yukou likes or eats or has seen. Lastly, the clan name is given to the Yukou at adulthood.
Common Male Names: Yuu, Yagami, Yoshiro.
Common Female Names: Yolanda, Yukei, Yahsa.
Common Last Names: Melonpatch, Butterfly, Rainstorm.
Common Clan Names: Diamondscale, Silvertongue, Stonetail.
- -4 Strength, +4 Constitution, -4 Wisdom, +4 Intelligence, and +6 Charisma: Yukou are simple yet smart reptilians with quick hardy bodies that can live almost anywhere, and a quirky personality that amuses most everyone. However, since they have had no wars or feuds or qualms with literally anyone, they are not built for strenuous activities or strength based professions.
- Medium Monsterous Humanoid (Reptilian): As Medium creatures, Yukou have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Yukou base land speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A Yukou can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. It retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +5 Natural Armor.
- Automatic Racial Skill - Knowledge (Geography): Yukou travel frequently, and sell and buy goods from everywhere.
- +4 skill check bonus to Knowledge (Geography) in regards to spices and their origins.
- -2 skill check penalty to Swim: Yukou can tread and bathe and so forth, but lack the physique to swim for even normal periods of time.
- Specialized Scent (Ex): Yukou can smell out to 120 feet all around them, and can even smell things under the soil to about 10 feet deep. Unfortunately, they take double the penalty to scent-based weaknesses (Nausesated, bad smells, etc).
- Spice Specialist (Ex): Yukou are immune to a spice's "heat" and can even taste the specific spice(s) in something.
- Dragon Affinity (Ex): Every Yukou has a miniscule amount of draconic lineage in them but not enough to benefit or penalize them from every Draconic bonus or penalty. What they affect and what affects them are the feats Dragonfriend and Dragonfoe, the ability to breed with practically anything, being able to take certain Draconic prestige classes, and the ability to digest anything.
- Amazing Tongue (Ex): Every Yukou has a very long, sticky, and resilent tongue with a reach of 10 feet. To use this ability, a Yukou must be within 10 feet of the target. It can then attempt to start a ranged grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can attempt to swallow the foe the following round.
- Vore (Ex): After a Yukou grabs something with its tongue, it can swallow any one thing up to 1 size catergory smaller than it. Anything non-living that they swallow will be instantly digested. Any living creature that has been swallowed takes 2d8+12 points of crushing damage per round from the Yukou's gizzard. After three rounds of being in the gizzard, the creature also begins to suffocate as well. A swallowed creature can cut its way out by using a light slashing or piercing weapon (dealing only 1d4 damage at maximum) to deal 12 points of damage to the gizzard (use the Yukou's touch AC). Once the creature exits, muscular action closes the hole.
- Automatic Languages: Reptilian. Bonus Languages: Common, and Draconic.
- Favored Class: Any
- Level Adjustment: +6
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|40 years||64 years||80 years||+1d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5'8"||+2d12||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5'6"||+2d10||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|
|Herm||5'6"||+2d10||95 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|