Xacilin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Xecilin (pronounced Sha seel een)
Like humans, Xacilin are neutral alignment-wise, though, again like humans, only because they have no specific tendencies towards anything else. More to come.
 Physical Description
They are human-like, but are closer in height and weight to a half-elf. They have pointed ears like an elf's, small horns protruding from their forehead, sharp front teeth, and leathery skin. Their hair tends towards browns and blacks, with an occasional red, and is almost never blonde. Their eyes run the gamut of colors like human's, but tend towards brown as the most common. Their skin is usually very light.
Xacilin are in contact only with Gnomes, Anubins, and Orcs. The Gnomes are furious with Xacilin for destroying the forest as they expand, and te Xacilin consider the Gnomes crazed savages. Although the Anubins and Orcs are unfriendly with each other, they are both friendly enough with the Xacilin, and the Anubins frequently trade with the Xacilin for gold.
Xacilin live in the forest and the foothills, but are quite adaptable.
Xacilin have a monolatristic religion, worshiping only their god and the demi-gods who serve him. They also venerate Coutals, believing them to be servants of their god.
Starting Languages: Xacilin Bonus Languages: Anubin, Orc, Common, Gnome Although they have no connection with humans, they may learn the language through their friends the Anubins.
The Xacilin have a minimum of five names, their sacred name, chosen at adulthood and kept secret from all save their spouse, their family name, usable only by members of the family, their private name, usable only by their close friends, their public name, usable by anyone, and their surname, also usable by anyone. They may pick up additional names that denote skills hey have or accomplishments they have made. These are also public names. Use of a name without societal permission is considered a grave insult to the person, usually resulting in a duel.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Intelligence, +2 Wisdom, -2 Charisma, -2 Dexterity: Xacilin are clever and inventive, but the social requirments of their society are complicated and difficult for outsiders to understand. They also take more time to do most things, and so their reflexes are less than most species.
- Humanoid (Xacilin)
- Medium: As medium creatures, Xacilin gain no benefits or disadvantages.
- Xacilin base land speed is 30 feet
- Resistance to Fire 10: When dealing with fire, Xacilin drop the first 10 damage.
- Natural Armor +1: Because of their tough skin, Xacilin have a natural armor bonus of +1.
- Favored weapon, spear:Xacilin are able to deal bludgeoning damage with spears, shortspears, and longspears, but all such damage is non-lethal.
- Societal enemy, Gnomes: Xacilin have a +2 bonus to spot and listen checks when trying to notice a gnome.
- Poison Use: This works like the assassin skill of the same name, except it only applies when the Xacilin is applying the poison to a blowdart, spear, or arrow. They also get a +2 racial bonus on saves vs. sleep inducing poisons.
- Automatic Languages: Xacilin. Bonus Languages: Gnome, Anubin, Common, Orc.
- Favored Class: Cleric or Fighter, not both.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|45 years||68 years||90 years||+3d6 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 10"||+2d8||100 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|
|Female||4' 5"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (2d4) lb.|