Void Spawn (3.5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
A creature tainted by the powers of the void or similar plain. They hunger with the emptiness of said plain and mindlessly search for anything that can saturate their thirst.
Most creatures turn dark or gray in hue as the void sucks life and color out of them. They are still alive but become more and more agitated as the hunger pains increase until their minds break and only the hunger and thirst remains.
Creating a Void Spawn
This template is an acquired template. All creatures (referred to hereafter as the base creature) can gain this template by some means.
Size and Type
There are no size changes but it changes its type to outsider (Void Spawn). BAB, Saves, and skill points do not need to be recalculated.
All racial HD becomes d10's both current and any future racial HDs.
The creature gains +10 to all types of movement speeds it had before.
• Void Presence (Su): Where ever a creature of the void moves the void moves with it. At least until reality reasserts itself. Each round the light level goes down by one in the square the creature occupies. The light level only lowers by one no matter how many void spawns occupies the same square.
Bright light Normal light Dim light No light.
• Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, morale effects, patterns, and phantasms).
• Void Aura (Su): All void spawns are small gates to the void and radiate with the negative energy of that plane. Each round all none void spawn creatures suffer ¼ of its Hit Dice (minimum 1, round down) negative energy damage. This damage stacks with other void spawns Void Auras.
• Void form (Su): Though void spawns aren’t incorporeal, their forms are only semi-tangible manifestation of something fare worse. A void spawn’s void form grants it a deflection bonus equal to 1/4 its Hit Dice (rounded down).
• A void spawn cannot heal damage on its own no matter what, although it can be healed. Negative energy (such as an inflict spell) can heal void spawn creatures.
The creature loses -10 intelligence, -10 constitution and -10 charisma, but gains +6 dexterity and +4 wisdom
The creature gains +10 hide and +10 move silently.
You will normally find creatures with this type in magical places and around entrances to the void plane.
Solo, pair, pack(3-5), horde(6-15) or swarm(16+)
Same as the base creature +1.
None, if any then only gems of 1/10th of the encounter value.
All creatures are Chaotic Evil alignment.
Same as the base creature.