Vieras (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A mostly female race of agile rabbit-like folk. The males are few in number and are rarely seen due to the protection they are put under at birth.
Viera are more bold than the animal they resemble and will not think twice about anybody that dare lays a harmful hand on the forests they live in.
 Physical Description
Viera are tall and lithe, with short brown fur that covers most of their body and long white hair. Despite their rabbit-like appearance, they have no tail.
Viera get well along with elves who share a love for the wilderness they live in and are not afraid to back either up when pressured.
Viera are usually good, but not often lawful or chaotic.
Vieras can be found mostly in the forests of Ivalice, their cities built off the very living trees. Outside of Ivalice, many viera can be seen in and around elven societies.
Vieras don't often worship deities, but show great reverence for the spirits of land instead. A deity a veira would worship would likely have a nature-based domains, such as the Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, Sun, Water, and Weather domains.
Viera speaks Vieran, using the Elven alphabet. They often speak Sylvan and Common as well.
At birth, a Viera Soul-Seer will commune with the spirits of the child's ancestors and see into her future. Upon discovering what the child will become, the Soul-Seer grants her a name appropriate to the seen future. Such names may translate into Common as "Forest Protector", "Nature Speaker", "Love Binder", and "Bow Master", as examples.
Viera Names (with translations): Flyena (Great Hunter), Homara (Quick Foot), Lo-muna (Plane Jumper)
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution: Viera are agile, but weak-stomached.
- Humanoid (Viera)
- Viera base land speed is 30ft.
- Mist Sensitive (Su): Viera are sensitive to magical auras and feel the presence or absence of magical auras. When a viera is within 60 feet of a powerful aura that is to strong to handle (caster level at least 5 levels higher that the viera's HD), she must attempt a Will save DC (10 + the caster level of the aura − her character level) or enter a Mist Rage. This Will save must be made every minute that the viera stays within 60 feet of the magical aura.
- Mist Rage (Su): While in this state, the viera gains a +2 bonus to Dexterity, a +2 bonus to Constitution, and a +1 morale bonus on Will saves, but she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. A viera cannot use Charisma, , or Intelligence-based skills (except for Escape Artist, Intimidate), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can she cast spells or activate magic items that require a command word, a spell trigger (such as a wand), or spell completion (such as a scroll) to function. She can use any feat he has except Combat Expertise, item creation feats, and metamagic feats. Mist Rage lasts for as long as the viera is in range of the aura. If her Mist Rage lasted longer than a number of rounds equal to 1/4 her character level + her Constitution modifier, she becomes fatigued (−2 penalty to Strength, −2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter or one minute after, which ever is shorter.
- Spirit-Sense (Su): Veiras gain a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks made to hear, find, or see a spirit.
- Speak with Spirits (Su): Viera can speak with spirits as though under the effect of a spell similar to speak with dead, except the veira is speaking with the actual spirit and not a corpse acting on its imprint. This ability does not change the disposition of the spirit towards her and wary or cunning spirits will be terse or evasive, while friendly spirits may do some favor or service for it.
- Veiras gain Weapon Proficiency with the shortbow, composite shortbow, longbow, composite longbow, light crossbow, heavy crossbow and the rapier.
- +2 racial bonus on Handle Animal skill checks on summoned creatures
- +2 racial bonus on Survival skill checks made in forest terrain.
- Due to the ears they have a very keen sense of surroundings and gain a +1 to all detection rolls, however Listen checks change to a +3 racial bonus this does not stack with the previously stated Racial bonus it simply replaces it.
- Automatic Languages: Veiran and Common. Bonus Languages: Sylvan, Elven.
- Favored Class: Druid and Ranger.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|150 years||175 years||200 years||+1d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d12||100 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
 Magical Auras
Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
|Spell or Object||Aura Power|
|Functioning spell (spell level)||3rd or lower||4th–6th||7th–9th||10th+ (deity-level)|
|Magic item (caster level)||5th or lower||6th–11th||12th–20th||21st+ (artifact)|
Lingering Aura: A magical aura lingers after its original source dissipates (in the case of a spell) or is destroyed (in the case of a magic item). The aura strength is dim (even weaker than a faint aura). How long the aura lingers at this dim level depends on its original power:
|Original Strength||Duration of Lingering Aura|