User talk:Ramses IV
From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki!
Hello Ramses IV and welcome to D&D Wiki. I hope you have been enjoying this site, and I hope you have been finding the information here on D&D Wiki useful. I am an admin (and, actually, the owner as well) here on D&D Wiki along with a couple other people who make up "The Face" of D&D Wiki. An entire list of admins can be found here.
If you have any question about D&D Wiki, D&D, formatting on D&D Wiki, what day today is, what our purpose here on earth is, or whatever, an admin will, many times, give the best answer. Please feel free to ask any admin any question (ask me a question!).
Formatting on D&D Wiki (or any wiki for that matter) can be very difficult, and if you need help a good place to start is Help:Editing on Wikipedia (or even their Introduction page). This will explain the basic wiki formatting and should provide quite a few useful links that explain more specific areas of wiki formatting. Again, if you have any questions about formatting on D&D Wiki please ask them as, I imagine, anybody will be more than happy to help you get them answered.
A strong and welcoming community exists on D&D Wiki, and I am sure you will find it rather nice. Most discussions take place on content talk pages, however please feel free to walk into The Tavern (our local chat room) and talk to some fellow D&D Wikians. Anyway, on D&D Wiki, possibly since discussions are never deleted, people try to be nice. This means please follow Wikipedia's guidelines on Civility and Etiquette when discussing anything. And, if an argument does arise, please use Wikipedia's Dispute Resolution to make sure everyone comes out happy. Also, on a pretty different note, to ensure people know who posted what, please sign your name after a post with four tildes (~~~~) or by clicking on the signature icon. This will automatically produce your name and the date (by the way, it's kinda a pet peeve of mine when people don't sign posts... arrg...). Anyway, I hope you come to love the close-knit D&D Wiki community and welcome again, you are now a D&D Wikian. --Green Dragon 16:56, 23 December 2007 (MST)
- Thank you, Green Dragon, for your welcome. I appreciate it, and I'll try to do my best to follow your suggestions. --Ramses IV 21:32, 23 December 2007 (MST)
Happy 2008 everybody! I wish you all a wonderful year, and I hope this community continues to grow.--Ramses IV 12:04, 5 January 2008 (MST)
- Thanks! --Green Dragon 15:08, 5 January 2008 (MST)
- Happy New Year to yourself as well! I noticed that you added a few images to some of the deities (including a couple of my own). I just wanted to pop by and say thanks! The images look good and really spice up the articles. Thanks! –EldritchNumen 16:29, 7 January 2008 (MST)
- You're welcome! --Ramses IV 16:31, 7 January 2008 (MST)
A little late, but happy 2009 too. --Ramses IV 18:45, 11 January 2009 (MST)
|I give Ramses IV this barnstar for helping with our growing list of publications here on D&D Wiki. He added images as well as formatted many of them, and has brought them up to the level expected by D&D Wiki. Hopefully, with Ramses IV's help, we can have a comprehensive list of all d20 publications present on D&D Wiki. Thank you so much for helping with this enormous task. --Green Dragon 01:05, 23 January 2008 (MST)|
Whew. It took a while, but I added images to pretty much everything in the Publications section. I also got rid of a lot of unnecessary links, since they were already linked in the page's title. I didn't add any images to some though, specifically the older MMs and PHBs. And I think I might have gotten one or two incorrect. --Ramses IV 16:57, 19 January 2008 (MST)
- I second this. Thanks for all the help. --Dmilewski 10:09, 26 January 2008 (MST)
- No problem :). You definitely deserve it. --Green Dragon 12:04, 26 January 2008 (MST)
Thanks for fixing my spelling. I am really bad at that kind of stuff. Thank you.--Hatman 16:36, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- You're welcome. --Ramses IV 07:03, 13 February 2008 (MST)
- Thanks for the link thing too.--Hatman 20:50, 19 February 2008 (MST)
Thanks from me too. You fixed, like, half my pages.--Frodo Goofball
- No problem. :D --Ramses IV 19:06, 6 June 2008 (MDT)
I'd just like to thank you for going through and fixing all the grammar and spelling errors on my pages, they would never have been fixed without you. → Rith 21:39, 2 January 2009 (MST)
- You're welcome. --Ramses IV 18:44, 11 January 2009 (MST)
When citing the image in a publication box, only use the "Name.jpg". The rest of the image formatting is in the template for publication info. Thanks for the entries. --Dmilewski 18:29, 8 March 2008 (MST)
- Oh. Sorry about that, and thanks for fixing them.--Ramses IV 07:32, 9 March 2008 (MDT)