From D&D Wiki
Welcome to D&D Wiki
Hello Cuthalion, and welcome to D&D Wiki! Thank you for your contributions. I hope you like D&D Wiki and decide to stay. I am the owner of the site, and if you have a question feel free to ask me, however when contacting anyone on D&D Wiki through talk pages please sign your name using four tildes (~~~~); this will automatically produce your name and the date. Also, if you want to help D&D Wiki but just don't know how drop me a note and I'll see what I can do. However, when dropping me a note please tell me how much time you would like to spend working, how well you know the Wiki Format, and how well you know D&D. I hope you enjoy editing here and being a D&D Wikian! If you need help ask me on my talk page, or just right here. Again, welcome! --Green Dragon 18:27, 4 February 2007 (MST)
- Thank you. So you'll end up reading this? I'm not used to communicating by wiki.
- To answer your questions:
- I'm a minimally competent wiki user, and a fast learner.
- I used to know everything there was to know about AD&D 1st & 2nd editions. I know most of what there is to read about 3.5, but have comparatively little experience in practice -- I've only really played one character in one campaign.
- I'll have to play it by ear how much time I put into it. One nice thing about wiki is you can add things whenever you feel like it. Are there particular projects you're looking for help on?
- FYI, I'm quite attached to The Hypertext d20 SRD. It's going to be hard to switch, but the wiki advantages obviously make it worth it. Cúthalion 10:51, 5 February 2007 (MST)
- I will end up reading this, I am a Recent Changes patroller and I go through every edit that happens on D&D Wiki. Also. if you really want to help you can help with the D&D Wiki:Items to be added. I hope you decide to help, and the D&D Wiki:Items to be added is a very good way to understand how items should be added and the correct formatting. I hope you like D&D Wiki, and I am glad your here. --Green Dragon 20:08, 5 February 2007 (MST)
What is your relationship with the NBoF? I am just asking because if you are part of the team, or something along those lines, I am wondering a couple things. --Green Dragon 20:36, 4 February 2007 (MST)
- No, I have no affiliation with NBoF, nor any vested interest in seeing them publicized. I only found out about them a couple of days ago through this wiki. --Cúthalion 10:56, 5 February 2007 (MST)
- Oh, ok. Thanks. --Green Dragon 20:08, 5 February 2007 (MST)
Moved to: User talk:Cuthalion/Colors.
Did I screw up my user talk page? I don't see either contents or messages of interest. --Cúthalion 11:49, 12 February 2007 (MST)
- Okay, the contents just showed up. That's weird. --Cúthalion 11:50, 12 February 2007 (MST)
- That explains it, thanks. Why four? How hard would it be to make this configurable? --Cúthalion 12:43, 12 February 2007 (MST)
- Don't know. I'd like to think the designers of MediaWiki produced the magic number four from the results (wish I could stop typing "resluts") of a lot of research, and extensive human factors testing, but I don't know whether or not that was actually the case. As far as determining the difficulty of making configurable, someone would have to dive into the MediaWiki code for that (or already know it). —Sledged (talk) 13:03, 12 February 2007 (MST)
Moved to: User talk:Cuthalion/WikiRPS.
See also: WikiRPS.
Prestige Class Formatting
Hello. I am wondering if you would mind doing me a favor. Recently I have not had that much time, as seen my how little I went on over the weekend. Anyway, because of this lack of going on D&D Wiki I have a lot to catch up on here. So, I am wondering if you would mind formatting Improvisor (3.5e Prestige Class). I am asking you for a couple of reasons. One is that I am sure you know formatting rather well and will make it accessible and good looking. Anyway, if you could format it it would mean a lot to me. Is this possible? --Green Dragon 16:49, 23 April 2007 (MDT)
- Sure, I can do this.
- Have the formatting standards been finalized? I presume virtually everything that applies to base classes would also apply to prestige classes. It would be annoying to have to reformat it again in two weeks.
- Do you prefer not to ask the original author?
- –Cúthalion (talk) 13:04, 24 April 2007 (MDT)
- A couple things. No the formatting standards have not been finalized, however they only apply to base classes and before any PrC's get formatted the base classes will get a work over. Anyway, the real reason I am asking you is because right now this PrC is inaccessible and it would be good if it was made accessible. Also no, one does not need to ask the authors permission to format something (I know, you may not like this.... I hope I am not offending you again....) --Green Dragon 22:34, 24 April 2007 (MDT)
- No offense taken. A central part of the wiki concept is opening your work up to others for improvement. My question was whether it's better to make improvements yourself or ask the original author to make them, and I could argue either way on that.
- I should be able to get to it today. –Cúthalion (talk) 07:41, 25 April 2007 (MDT)
- Personally I think it is just better to take it into ones own hands. Anyway, thanks again it was very nice of you to fomat that. --Green Dragon 12:58, 30 April 2007 (MDT)
Marked for Deletion?
why is brawler marked for deletion --Lt.Dan 12:50, 12 December 2007 (MST)