From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Desert kobolds live like scaly, intelligent rats, hiding in forgotten corners of settlements, living just over the dunes from trading posts, and always reappearing right after the residents think they’ve finally been killed off.
Desert kobolds claim they were among the first to settle the deserts, and that gnomes threw them out into the wilderness. Though their survival relies on goods available at oasis settlements and trading posts, desert kobolds hate the gnomes who often build an run such settlements.
The life of a desert kobold is one of constant fear, which motivates them to build traps and fortifications and to ambush intruders. Some few kobolds, however, seek peace of mind through personal power and boon companions. These rare individuals become adventurers.
Racial Traits: Desert kobolds have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –4 Strength, –2 Wisdom: Desert kobolds are hardier than other kobolds, but are weak-willed.
- Humanoid (Reptilian).
- Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, –4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits 3/4 of those of Medium characters.
- A desert kobold’s base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +1 natural armor bonus.
- Heat Endurance: Desert kobolds gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- +2 racial bonus on Craft (trapmaking), Search, and Survival checks.
- Automatic Language: Draconic. Bonus Languages: Common, Undercommon.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass desert kobold’s rogue class does not count when determining whether he takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.