From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Like gnomes, halflings are most likely to be active during the day. Most other races regard them somewhat like cats, in that they apear whether invited or not, work at what they want when they want, and disappear without prior notice. A desert gnome proverb observes that “Halflings in your town are a source of trouble, but at least they don’t tolerate competition.”
Racial Traits: Desert halflings have the following racial traits.
- +2 Dexterity, –2 Strength.
- Humanoid (Halfling).
- Small: As a Small creature, a desert halfling gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but she uses smaller weapons than humans use, and her lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
- Desert halfling base land speed is 20 feet.
- Heat Endurance: Desert halflings gain a +4 racial bonus on Fortitude saves made to resist the effects of hot weather.
- +2 Racial bonus on Hide, Move Silently, and Sleight of Hand checks: Desert halflings are stealthy and nimble-fingered.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +2 morale bonus on saving throws against fear: This bonus stacks with the desert halfling’s +1 bonus on saving throws in general.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen checks.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Halfling. Bonus Languages: Dwarven, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, and Orc.
- Favored Class: Rogue. A multiclass desert halfling’s rogue class does not count when determining whether she takes an experience point penalty for multiclassing.
- Level Adjustment: +0.