Twinborn (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|Twinborn, 1st-Level Warrior|
|Size/Type:||Medium Humanoid (Twinborn)|
|Hit Dice:||1d8+1 (5 hp)|
|Speed:||20 ft. in scale mail (4 squares); base speed 30 ft.|
|Armor Class:||17 (+4 scale mail, +2 heavy shield), touch 10, flat-footed 16|
|Attack:||Longsword +3 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or Longbow +1 ranged (1d8/x3) or Longspear +2 melee (1d8+3/x3)|
|Full Attack:||Longsword +3 melee (1d8+1/19-20) or Longbow +1 ranged (1d8/x3) or Longspear +2 melee (1d8+3/x3)|
|Space/Reach:||5 ft./5 ft.|
|Special Attacks:||spell-like abilities|
|Saves:||Fort +3, Ref −1, Will +0|
|Abilities:||Str 13, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 10, Cha 12|
|Skills:||Handle Animal +4, Ride +4|
|Feats:||Weapon Focus (longsword)|
|Alignment:||Usually Lawful Good|
|Advancement:||By character class|
An armored, two-headed, pale humanoid eyes you suspiciously. Her mail bears the mark of her deity on the shoulder, and her right hand rests calmly on the pommel of her sword.
Twinborn (always capitalized) are a race of highly religious, reclusive, but ultimately well-meaning people. They are slow to make friends, but very warm to those friends they do make. They are cunning, calm, and strict in most matters, but against their most hated foes they display a rage that can truly be staggering. They typically have pale skin - usually grey, blue, or purple - dark blue or black hair, and pointed ears.
Twinborn speak Celestial and Common, and most also know Dwarven or Elven.
When battle is inevitable, a Twinborn works with her compatriots, tending toward the back ranks as a healer if at all possible. If forced into melee combat, a Twinborn prefers weapons with a longer reach, or those able to be held with a shield in the other hand for defense. Martial skill, however, is less emphasized as it is with other races, and members of the race unable to produce any supernatural effects are entirely unheard of.
- Cure Minor Wounds (Sp)
A Twinborn's cultural aptitude in matters of faith and the divine lends her strength on and off the battlefield. She may use the spell cure minor wounds once every minute as a spell-like to heal herself slowly during or between battles.
 Twinborn as Characters
- +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, −2 Strength, −2 Dexterity
- Medium: As Medium creatures, Twinborn have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- A Twinborn's base land speed is 30 feet.
- Darkvision: Twinborn can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and Twinborn can function just fine with no light at all.
- +2 racial bonus on Heal, Listen, Search, and Spot checks.
- −3 racial penalty on Disguise checks to appear as another race.
- Instability: A Twinborn suffers a -4 penalty on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed or tripped when standing on the ground (but not when climbing, flying, riding, or otherwise not standing firmly on the ground).
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/minute—cure minor wounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Celestial, Common, and the regional language (if applicable). Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
- Favored Class: Cleric or Paladin, chosen at 1st level.
- Level Adjustment: +0
Please refer to the Twinborn race page for further details.