Talk:Sandman (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Variant Racial Traits
- −2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution, +2 Intelligence, −4 Charisma: Sandmen are hardy and intelligent but also uncoordinated and lacking in personality and social skills.
- Elemental (Earth): Elementals do not eat, sleep, or breathe. Sandmen have a strong connection to the Material Plane and can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living creatures can be. Sandmen are native to the Material Plane.
- Medium: As Medium creatures, sandmen have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Sandman base land speed is 20 feet. However they gain a +10 foot enhancement bonus to speed in sandy areas.
- Immunity to disease, nausea, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, sickening and stunning.
- Turn Resistance (Ex): A sandman is less easily affected by clerics or paladins who seek control over earth elementals. When resolving a turn, rebuke, command, or bolster attempt, add 2 to the sandman’s Hit Dice total.
- Slow Healing (Ex): A sandman has a natural healing rate half as fast as other common races. They heal only 1 hit point per level for a full 8 hours of rest.
- Light Fortification (Ex): Sandmen have a 25% chance to avoid critical hits and sneak attacks.
- A transmute rock to mud or stone to flesh spell instead slows a sandman (as the slow spell) for 1d6 rounds, with no saving throw, while transmute mud to rock heals all of its lost hit points.
- Damage Reduction (Ex): A sandman gains Damage Reduction 1/Piercing. This Damage Reduction increases again by 1 at 3 HD, 6 HD and so on as the sandman gains more Hit Dice.
- Automatic Languages: Common and Terran. Bonus Languages: Any (except secret languages such as Druidic).
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age||Old||Venerable||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||None|
So I took notice of this race, remembering it from a while back, and thought I'd do a shot at a variant to see what you think of it. --Ganteka 17:24, 10 July 2009 (MDT)
- I like it really. I think I use it. --Lord Dhazriel 17:29, 10 July 2009 (MDT)