Talk:Sacred Fist of the Silver Flame (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
Well it's nice to see....
That certain facets of my build find themselves in here. Good job. The Psionic Abilities really kicks it up a notch.
- Thanks :-D It was pretty hard working everything in just right, so the build's pretty tight and doesn't give much leeway. However, I'm pretty happy with it overall, what with the saves (evasion + mettle), abilities, powers, etc. --Ghostwheel 14:18, 21 August 2009 (MDT)
Jota brought up a good point, so I really am wondering if it should be listed on DM counters. On one hand it should - as the possible counters of the build should be comprehensive, and to make sure anyone planning to use or alter the build doesn't forget such a simple thing. On the other hand - it is a player option. Thoughts?10:18, 29 August 2009 (MDT)
- Don't list it under DM counters. Its not a DM counter. List it somewhere else. Its really such a small thing I wouldn't worry about it. If the player doesn't know that wearing armor has penalties, as well as bonuses, then they are "A No-Shmartie-Poopoo-Head". --Jay Freedman 10:46, 29 August 2009 (MDT)
- First, please don't change things without discussing them here first.
- Second, I'd hope that people who've taken a look around the optimized builds section have seen some of my builds, and would know me by my work well enough to know that I'm not gonna make a stupid mistake like that.
- Third, please read the classes and their abilities before deciding that something doesn't work. So please go to Faiths of Eberron and read the Holy Armor ability that the Argent First PrC receives. --Ghostwheel 12:57, 29 August 2009 (MDT)
- A user who hasn't been present for this discussion was the one who originally added it - we're having this discussion here as a result. 13:03, 29 August 2009 (MDT)
The ability of the Shiba Protector doesn't let the monk retain the flurry of blows, so how can he wear the full plate and have the f.o.b. ?
Holy Armor (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, you retain the AC bonus granted by your monk levels (including Wisdom bonus to AC), even when wearing armor or carrying a shield or a medium or heavy load. This doesn’t extend to any other monk class features lost when wearing armor or carrying a load (such as fast movement and fl urry of blows).
Unfortunately there are some major flaws in this build in terms of an 'optimized build', these can be overcome by agreeing with you DM but the flaws are as follows: Cannot take "Shiba protector" class unless a Human from 'Phoenix' clan. Wearing the full plate stops him from using Flurry of blows and evasion, both of which this build boosts itself on, not to mention the Multiclassing penalties from having very uneven levels. This build also hinges on pure combat capability, it lacks the ability to fend of grappling foes, hidden foes, ranged foes and of course would come to a halt if his skills were tested, due to his low int score and classes with low skill points he can't cover major skills needed for situations inside and outside combat —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Uber sloth (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts!
- His weapons are light, and he is a monk, if anything tries to grapple him, it just gets denied it's Dex whilst he pummels it. Also, an optimized build is generally a very focused build, so a monk without a +45 jump or whatever at level 20 probably wasn't the focus. I do agree with the uneven level part, however, is that bypassed in some way, simply ignored, or do you take the penalty? --Ganre 13:48, 4 December 2010 (MST)