Talk:Master of the North (3.5e Prestige Class)
From D&D Wiki
There is a lot of cruft in this file that needs revising. Is there a way to get the author's permission? I'll post my revised version here.
- Did some grammar and spelling changes
- Did some formatting
- Wilderness Lore became Survival as of 3.5 --> I switched that to Knowledge (Nature)
- Changed Base Attack to +5 so this is a 6th level PrC. If you want it to be a 7th level, consider increasing the skills to 9 ranks
- Added some linkage
- Changed class skills to the same as a ranger. They were close before, but were 3.0 with intuit direction and wilderness lore.
- Changed hardness to damage reduction. People don't have hardness (unless they are animated objects).
As far as balancing goes, I didn't do anything really. This class needs some help with that. It has a lot of seemingly dead levels, some weak levels at the start, and some completely overpowered abilities. Aarnott 12:08, 7 February 2007 (MST)
- Honestly, because this is not locked, you have all right to change it. Go ahead and change it to your version (if the author really wants we can revert to his copy when he asks (gota love MediaWiki)). So, after you have changed it we can take a look and try to make it better. BTW, delete this below version when you copy it over, please. Thanks. --Green Dragon 13:24, 7 February 2007 (MST)
- Done. If anyone feels like balancing this class properly I'm all for helping with that. I just put it closer to 3.5 standards. Aarnott 13:28, 7 February 2007 (MST)
- Actually, it is pretty well done! I'll rate it. --EldritchNumen 18:01, 14 February 2007 (MST)
Seriously, stop re-adding that image. That's a Mortal Kombat character, it has nothing to do with D&D in any way, and besides, that's supposed to be copyrighted material. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 22:17, 9 February 2007 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- Thanks for telling me that. The only reason I kept adding that was because their was no reason for it to be removed; no one said that it was copyright. Thanks for telling your reason, and I will be deleting the image from this site now. Thanks. --Green Dragon 12:37, 10 February 2007 (MST)
- No problem. I only deleted it once, and after I saw somebody brought it back I decided posting the reason why we shouldn't have it here. If it was removed more than once, well, it wasn't me. Anyway, yeah, good job.
I give this class a 7 of 10 for balance. The class abilities are useful and imaginative, the class does well in creating a specific class for a specific purpose, and the class has nice flavor. The only objection is that the class should build better upon itself (e.g. the winter's touch abilities should be spread out more; the cold resistance abilities could also be spread out). Otherwise, this is a well made prestige class! 7/10 --EldritchNumen 18:08, 14 February 2007 (MST)