Talk:Dimidium Troll (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
 Room for improvement
As promised, my review of your creature. Alright, well, I'm going to start by saying I like what you've got here. It's a solid creature, conceptually. There are a few minor formatting things that I'd like you to look into, however. I'll just make a list of things to improve on.
- First off, just check out The rock worm. It's a featured article, so it's pretty darn perfect. I'd look there if you are confused with formatting.
- On the formatting front, you'll want to "link" all the special qualities, and describe them below your creature's description.
- On your saves you have two numbers, one in parentheses. Delete the ones that aren't the actual save. Same for ability scores.
- For skills, don't make it a sentence, and use links for the skill, like is done on the rock worm's page.
- You need attack bonuses on bite and tail whip, even if they are +0
- Natural armor: Include that sentence about increasing armor bonuses in the fluff, not in the creature table.
- Level adjustment: not sure what that means.
- Under feats you have (1 bonus feats), which is confusing to me. Do they get an additional feat?
- The math on your damage isn't quite adding up for me. 15 STR should be a +2 damage on attacks, why is it +3?
- Take that last paragraph you have on the page, and move it here to the talk page. Anything not directly related the the creature's stats should be here on the discussion page.
- General note: Check your grammar in that paragraph. Run it though Microsoft Word or something, to make sure you catch all the little things.
- Maybe consider breaking that paragraph into 2 or 3 smaller ones.
One last note, from what I can tell you're trying to include stats for making a playable race of Dimidium trolls in that table. Don't. If you want, I can show you how to write a "Dimidium trolls as players" section, but it should be separate from the main creature table. --Badger 19:51, 7 January 2011 (MST)
- Ah yes, that is what the creature was meant for in the beginning. I figured that I should put it here as a monster before making it a race as well. The numbers in parenthesis are exactly what you thought. The bonus for playing it not its actual stats. Also, thanks for the links, I will go check those out and update the current version to be more accurate. Lyrad8791 21:41, 7 January 2011 (MST)
hey Lyrad8791! Dj00345 here! I've taken a look at the troll creature that you've made and it is a great creature. If you ever need help with making pages just comment on my talk page and I will help you finish the page with you. If you would like to help me finish some pages that I've made, then also comment on my talk page. Feel free to take a look at the pages I've created as well. Like I said before, nice job on the troll creature!!!! User:Dj00345.