Talk:Beastfighter (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
Just some suggestions for you:
1. This class seems almost guaranteed to have low AC if it is to be used most effectively. It says they can wear armor, but then wearing it disables most of the abilities that set this class apart (Beast's Gift, etc). Maybe if you did a Wisdom modifier as a bonus to AC (like the monk), it would reduce the penalt of not wearing any armor, which would be incredibly useful. The monk also has the additional bonus to AC as it increases in level, which you could omit from this class if you choose. For the sake of balance, you could also make the AC bonus void if the beastfighter wears armor (again, like the monk).
2. A 30 foot bonus to speed at only second level seems kind of high. If it started at, say, 10 feet and worked up to something higher than 30, it would be more acceptable to me.
3. This is being nitpicky, since the Beast's Gift only affects the beastfighter, but I think that the caster level for the effect of Beast's Gift should be equal to the beastfighter's level instead of 1. I'm not even sure if that would have an effect on gameplay, but it just seems right.
Lastly, I understand if you want to really set this class apart from the monk, but the SRD monk does a pretty good job of using progressive abilities (effects that start smaller and increase as level goes up), so it's a good class to model after.
Hope that helps. - ThunderGod Cid 14:45, 13 April 2009 (MDT)
- You know what, I really didn't add the 30 foot bonus to speed. I didn't add the bonus feats either. Someone called "Joju Roshi" has been editing this class while I have been away from D&D wiki.
- Also, I think you misunderstood the armor restriction thing. You only lose your supernatural and spell-like abilities if you wear propbibited armor, which equals to metal armor or shields. --Thiregan 11:25, 24 May 2009 (UTC +2)
- OK, I guess I should have looked at the history first. Anyway, good luck on finishing it. - ThunderGod Cid 05:17, 24 May 2009 (MDT)
Power - 5/5 I give this class a 5 out of 5 because it all seems well balanced and appropriate. You may want to consider moving some of the class features from early in the class to later, to minimize the number of consecutive "dead levels". --Connery55 11:11, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Wording - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because most of it was fine, some of the stuff wasn't filled in. --Connery55 11:11, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Flavor - 4/5 I give this class a 4 out of 5 because while it was new and different, some of the flavor entries weren't filled out. --Connery55 11:11, 15 July 2009 (MDT)
Combat Reflexes gives bonus to fortitude... was that intended? I see the ability used to be called vigor (it was still like that in one level of the stats block... Changed that to Battle Reflexes), maybe it was forgotten at fortitude? Cause I think Battle Reflexes sshould give a bonus to... well... Reflexes... xD
Btw, great class dude, I'll be suggesting it to one of my players. Hopefully I can give you some feedback in a while, if you want it.--ElfsMaster 14:58, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
Agreed on Elf's point, definitely doesn't seem like a Fortitude bonus name. --Harry Mason 15:09, 4 February 2010 (UTC)