Talk:Average Town Guard (3.5e NPC)
From D&D Wiki
- CR for a 1st-level human warrior is 1/2.
- Town Guard is missing a bonus feat for being human.
- Missing +1 to damage due to Str in melee.
- Skill modifiers aren't adding up.
- Intimidate +2: 2 ranks (2 skill points)
- Listen (cross-class) +1: 1 rank (2 skill points)
- Profession (cross-class) +5: Skill Focus +3, 2 ranks (4 skill points)
- Ride +2: +1 Dex, 1 rank (1 skill point)
- Spot (cross-class) +2: 2 ranks (4 skill points)
- Total skill points spent: 13
- Skill points for a 1st-level human warrior with an Int 10: 12
I must say that's a creative use of the Profession skill. I wouldn't have considered "guard" to be a profession where making a check would have any benefit, but after reading over the skill description, it seems quite appropriate. —Sledged 11:52, 30 November 2006 (MST)
- Fixed. —Sledged 11:04, 7 December 2006 (MST)
Should the AL be LG? It seems more likely that town guards, especially in human towns, would tend toward LN (obviously there would be exceptions, but I highly suspect that the general alignment would be on the neutral axis...). --EldritchNumen 16:34, 30 November 2006 (MST)
- Agreed, LG seems to un-human. Changed. --Green Dragon 18:17, 30 November 2006 (MST)